Coopers Community

cerveza

ash

• 1 month later...

Brewed another Cerveva a Coops this time put cascade hops in, tasted today after 4 weeks nice drop & my darling luves it.Please disgard all other posts by myself about the taste of Cerveva {Corona}[lol]

PS. No need to add fruit i give you the drum.

OK Ash

This is the recipe resource so how about posting the recipe [biggrin] .

I have been toying with this idea for a coulpe of weeks. The only homebrew that SWMBO has drunk so far is the Ginger Beer. Its a PITA to brew IMO (and I don't like Gingers), so I am looking for something else. She enjoys a SOL Cerveza with lemon, so I was thinking (like you) about adding some citrus notes using a short hop boil. Thinking Citra, Amarillo, Cascade or Galaxy (I got couple hundred grams of galaxy and haven't brewed with it yet). She won't like a bitter brew, that\u2019s why I'm thinking a Cerveza and I am also looking at a lager yeast to keep it light.

Glad yours worked out OK, any tips?

Ok Nelson,All it is Coops recipe plus a 12g of cascade teabag in a cup of boiling water then bag & water in FV.PB2 said make it as per they developed to get as close to Corona as possible but the cascade hops as little as they are worked for my loved one.[/img][roll]

My Cerveza has been in the FV for 5 days now and has an SG 1014, I have kept it between 14-18 degrees so as to keep the lager yeast really working and the ale yeast alive enough to work without dropping out. I brewed this for SWMBO and to the true Corona style its a light, watery, not a true beer brew LOL. I stuck to the traditonal Coopers recipe for this one.

I found the Galaxy hops EXTREMELY strong so I would add that with caution, I used it in a draught and I can't drink it yet due to the REAL HOPPY taste. My pellet must be used to commercial crap. Bought a slab of the ESVA and i'm struggling with the very hoppy flavour, must admit it's probably the first time i've ever experimented with REAL beer. Still training my pellet see how this Cerveza goes in the summer time!

Sometimes SWMBO must be appeased in order for some of us brewers to be cut some slack [innocent] Brewing the Cerveza is my redemption card, so for that i'm gonna give up 12 days of my FV and 26 odd bottles. If thats all it takes I say i'm up for that [lol] [love]

• 2 months later...
Sometimes SWMBO must be appeased in order for some of us brewers to be cut some slack [innocent] Brewing the Cerveza is my redemption card' date=' so for that i'm gonna give up 12 days of my FV and 26 odd bottles. If thats all it takes I say i'm up for that [lol'] [love]

This is why my first ever brew was Cerveza[innocent]

Archived