Coopers Community

Sparkling Ale - Ideas..

HenrikF

Hi all..

For my next brew I would like to do something with the Sparkling ale kit, and I hope you have some ideas on how to beef it up a bit..[bandit]

On hand I have:

500 grams light dry sprey malt

250 grams glucose

55 grams of Cascade dried hops

55 grams of Amarillo dried hops

70 grams of Fuggles dried hops

I'm thinking of maybe trying a boil.. Or/and maybe some specialty grains, but the biggest pot I have is around 5 liters..

And as I've never tryed it before I would like some boiltimes/guidence..

Hope to get some great inputs[happy]

Steep 300g Crystal in 1L of 65-70 Celsius water for 30mins

Seive liquid into a second pan and rinse grains with additional 1L of 65-70 celsius water

Bring the 2L to the boil and add 500g of Dry malt

Return to the boil and add 15g of cascade and 15g of Amarillo

After 15mins add 15g Cascade and 15g Amarillo

After a futher 5 mins take off the heat

Add 500g dry malt, 250g glucose and the Ale kit

After 3 days fermenting add the remaining Cascade (and Amarillo if your a mega hop head [biggrin] )

Ferment at 18 degrees, condition for 2 months (if you can keep your mits off it)

This is really a slight variation of a recipe Bill gave me which is making my cool box smell like sex

Hey Henrik, just about to bottle my Sparkling ale, I dry- hopped mine with 25g Amarillo & 25g Cascade & it smells unbeleivable [love].

I dry-hopped this one because i found the Sparkling to have quite enough bitterness as it is, I was looking for extra aroma & I'm sure it will deliver!

Good luck with that one!

Good luck to Graham with his "sex-smelling cool-box"![lol]

Steep 300g Crystal in 1L of 65-70 Celsius water for 30mins

Seive liquid into a second pan and rinse grains with additional 1L of 65-70 celsius water

Return to the boil and add 15g of cascade and 15g of Amarillo

After 15mins add 15g Cascade and 15g Amarillo

After a futher 5 mins take off the heat

Add 500g dry malt, 250g glucose and the Ale kit

After 3 days fermenting add the remaining Cascade (and Amarillo if your a mega hop head [biggrin] )

Ferment at 18 degrees, condition for 2 months (if you can keep your mits off it)

This is really a slight variation of a recipe Bill gave me which is making my cool box smell like sex

Warning newbie question: The grains should be cracked first right?

@Brock - Ammonia Ale, properbly not going to try that one anytime soon, but you go ahead mate, and be sure to let us know![sick][biggrin]

They just don't understand.

Nothing is strange when it comes to protecting your beer. You need to consider all possibilities.

You read all time about footballers getting in strife for urinating in public. They need somewhere private and what better place than your FV.

Its possible [innocent]

Good luck to Graham with his "sex-smelling cool-box"![lol]

Its the Cascade, they turn me on [love]

Nearly killed me this morning, I stuck my head in my chest freezer and took a deep breath. I have two brews going in there and the thing was full of CO2.

Graham, I agree with the cascade, yumm![tongue].

Hey Henrik, i just picked up my new grain mill for $99 bucks, along with some grain, hops & other bits & pieces.

I got them from my LHBS & the bloke knocked nearly 20 bucks off the total!

$99 may be a bit of an initial layout but I see it as a long term investment[rightful] .

Another long term investment may be a lock-up for the FV hey?!

Not in the pipeline- Ammonia Ale.

If adding 500g malt here you really want to top up the 2L to 5L with water. Then bring that to a boil then add 500g malt, alternatively leave it at 2L and add 200g malt. However, you are better off going to 5L for your boil [rightful]

Archived