Coopers Community

NEW 750ml BOTTLES

PB2

You may recall that we ran a poll on home brewing bottle preferences. The results from that poll contributed toward the decision to redesign our 750ml bottles. The new bottles carry a prise-off crown seal, are 120g heavier, slightly taller with "Coopers" embossed 4 times on the shoulder.

The new bottles also have a new-look carton - which has a predominantly silver background.

These bottles are ideal for Home Brewers who pref to bottle into glass.

Remember, ensure that FG is achieved before bottling into glass bottles and prime at a rate no more than 8g per litre (2 carbonation drops per 750ml bottle).

Look for Pale Ale and Sparkling Ale in stores now! The Best Extra Stout was packaged into the new bottles last week and probably won't be in stores until after Christmas.

Certainly! Our surveys show that many Home Brewers are comfortable with using PET but there are plenty of Home Brewers who prefer glass. We will continue to supply PET with the Micro-Brew Kit and in cartons of 15. As it is becoming more difficult to source quality glass bottles, we thought it prudent to offer a more sturdy 750ml glass bottle.

Hi Paul

Am I reading this correctly?

750ml glass bottles will be available to buy in the same way that the PET bottles are?

or

750ml bottles are now available with Pale & Sparkling in them to be consumed?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Paul

Am I reading this correctly?

750ml glass bottles will be available to buy in the same way that the PET bottles are?

or

750ml bottles are now available with Pale & Sparkling in them to be consumed?

Cheers

Mark

Paul,

I'm a little boggled by this as well.

i read over at oliver and geoffs that someone had come across the new botles already in the pale ale, which makes me most pleased, but are these bottles going to be available retail?

If these bottles were sold retail like the PET, what would the recommended retail be?

The new bottles are only available with beer in them. Drink the beer' date=' keep the bottle.[/quote']

What excellent advice.

Great move on your part, guys. Will keep me buying coopers regularly to keep my king brown stocks up.

Goodonya Coopers! Bet that mob of wankers trying to take the show over wouldn't be as concerned about the humble homebrewer as you blokes are!!

Just a question, are the bottle going to be heavier like the old pickaxe ones, or still pretty thin?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

G'day Paul,

Finally got enough new bottles to bottle a brew, must say it knocked me around too!!! My son and I did some renovations for my daughter over the weekend and payment was...........well what else, two boxes of pale longnecks, we rolled them in the first two days and my son already has a dozen, so today is bottling day for a double brew of my favourite....Coopers Origional bitter with BE2.

They certainly look as good as you said they would too!

Catch you 'round.

I called in to see Bill at Brewmaker (Gillies Plains - SA) to get a couple of keg seal kits for my Spartanburg kegs (he stocks seal kits for 'corny' kegs too) and noticed that Bill had the new bottles for sale. I didn't check the price but I thought "why would someone buy empty bottles when they could buy them full of beer - effectively getting the bottles for 5c each?"

• 1 year later...

Great work cooperes on the glass tallies. Lucky i got glass tallies handed down from my father and grandfather but I still needed more. I got a carton from the bottleshop 2nite of sparkling ale, and I must say the new glass tallies are great. Good move! I can now use them to age my stout.

Just as a matter of interest, I got payed for a little job yesterday, 12 longnecks of spakling ale..............12 new bottles for my beloved origional bitter, and maybe 8 nights drinking..................under the new rules!

• 2 weeks later...

Some nights I drink one, some times two! One time I wouldn't have even counted, just drank till they were gone or I dropped, whichever came first! Under the new rules it is moderation!

Archived