Coopers Community

Best Recipe Using a Can of Coopers Light Malt Extract

Trusty1

HI everyone

I bought a can of LME from the LHBS last week to add to a lager I was planning but used other ingredients already on hand instead.

I am looking for everyones best recipe using LME, a knock out beer! Best response and the reason for it being the best will win a prize (Come in Paul! Or it may be the satisfaction that your recipe is out there being enjoyed by the masses!)[roll]

I have some EK Goldings hops (found them!) and 15gms of Saaz, some 'light crystal grain' (I think) and wheat grain (both brewcaft) at my disposal. Anything else I need I can readily acquire.

Hit me (and the rest of the homebrewing world) with those recipes!

Well, it looks like I get the prize, PB2 can email me and I'll supply my postal address.[kissing]

here is my submission to this great contest![roll]

\u2022\t1.7 can of Pale Ala, or maybe Real Ale (or even Dark Ale)

\u2022\t1.5kg can of Light Malt Extract

\u2022\t500gms of Coopers Brew Sugar (to get some ABV boost)

\u2022\t(an amount to be determined) of the grains I have on hand

\u2022\tSome English Kent Goldings Hops boiled for 10 mins and then extra added at flame out and steeped for an amount of time.

Made to 23L, fermented at 20C.

This will be my first foray into steeping grains and using the liquid malt and my 3rd hops addition (if you don't count throwing in half a brigalow hops tablet[biggrin] ).

Can anyone explain the advantages of the liquid malt over the dry stuff?

Trusty, I didn't enter the competition because the ingredient, Light Malt Extract, could be used in just about every beer recipe known to us...[sideways]

I keep a stash of Light Dry Malt at home. Providing it remains dry, it will keep for years without change of flavour, aroma or colour. [wink]

Damn! I missed this competition [biggrin]

Using a base of 2 cans of LME and some hops can make a really great beer. I recently mad a great beer using a recipe Neil put on AHB (Search for Neil or Centenarillo Ale). Great stuff - and easy!

Hey Muddy,

had a look at this recipe, what was the OG and FG on this one? Did you boil the contents of 2 cans and add hops pellets?

Cheers, Alex.

I basically just followed the recipe instructions. He suggested using a third of 1 malt tin in 6L of water - so that is what I did. The rest is added straight to the fermentor.

I'm at work now so I'm not sure what my OG and FG was at the moment. I'll try and remember to look later.

• 1 year later...

Muddy, \u201cat work now\u201d, the last we heard from you about the work scene was that you had been retrenched. Looks like your back in the saddle. What a bugger. What are you doing surfing the web while at work? Careful you might get the bullet.[pinched]

Warren

Archived