Coopers Community

scored 2014 release head master glass

phAT YAK

Trying out the newest glasses from head master, in comparison to the previous years glasses these have etching you can't see through in the brightest light and would make the poorest homebrew give head[bandit]

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 4-pack of Headmaster glasses in Coles last year for $20 -- fantastic glasses. Hold a full 375ml bottle and as you say, give n amazingly firm head, even on a couple of bottles where I had forgotten to put the carbonation drops in. Have never seen them since in Coles.

I've got a couple of them too and always drink my beers (and sometimes other things) from them. Contrary to popular belief, I've never found drinking things other than beer from these glasses to have any effect on head retention, as long as the glass is properly cleaned and dried afterwards.

• 6 months later...

Hello all i just recently got a few of these glasses from craftbrewer amazing my only concern is although it holds a good head whole time it sems to make beer go flat quicker. Has anyone experienced this? maby i just need to drink faster still like them only got pots 285ml so maby im soft still nice just like goes flat faster due to continuous bubbles rising

thanks for that info Hairy im only 2 brews down to date been drinking boags draught out of them while waiting for both my lagers to mature just trying first one now 19 days in bottle propper lager yeast 11.5 gram pack brewed between 16 and 18 degrees celcius. Has been bit of adventure as my hydrometer broke before could do Fg on first brew and didnt get it until after started second so only knew 1010 for finishing on second.

Both brews used draught can 1 KG LDME and 250 grams home brand sugar. First one addded 40 grams Tettnang 35 min boil 40 grams flameout 15 min steep. This is still quite bitter after 19 days at 2 month mark i reckon perfect.

Second brew Halletur or however spelt same additions only just bottled today so will leave at least 2 months. Next up are few pale ales with Amarillo i think i dont lot of research on last site before changed and started brewing.

Thanks for the welcome glad im not only one thinks glasses make beer flat faster but guess that means ill have to step up my brewing and drinking. Still think my lager at 19 days is better than boags draught.

Archived