Coopers Community

How does the rank work?

Beer Loving Trent

I've also got no idea. I'm not sure what I am? I guess brewer - I'll know soon whne I finish this post.

My guess is that you'll be ranked brewer within a few posts. Doesn't make any difference though as we are all equal around here - PB2 is king though but he does give us mere mortals his time [biggrin]

Yeh.. its a bit of a mystery this "ranking" thing..

Has it got something to do with how many beers are added to your brewery?? The order??

I've noticed members ranked as "Brewer" who have made less posts than members still ranked "Drinker"..

Will it be revealed?? or remain secret??

I think you "graduate" from Taster to Drinker after about 10 posts. You "graduate" from Drinker to Brewer after about 30-35 posts. Pretty sure it is not based on the quality of the info on the posts - or I would never get any further than apprentice taster[crying]

Muddy is right though, we are all equal here with the exception of PB2[cool]

Just a side note (probably should be on a new thread) is anyone else slipping a couple of brews into the microwave to toast the new royal couple??[biggrin] (Apologies to our fellow brewers from the Mother country)

It is definately based on post count. I'm not sure if I even have any beers in my "virtual brewery" - It isn't an area of the site that I frequent [cool]

As for the wedding I am finding it a bit annoying that it is all that is on TV at the moment. I've just finished bottling an Amber Ale - Maybe I'll call it "The footy will be on TV late tonight because of the bloody wedding ale".

well if it is based on how many posts members make I'll rant a bit more till I get ranked "Brewer"..[lol] Hey I havent had a dud brew yet , that should count for something.[happy]

Its humorous who ever thought up the Taster,Drinker & Brewer thing when most of us are on this site because we already enjoy a beer , have probably drunk enough beer in our lifetimes to fill a couple of olympic swimming pools & now just want make our own for many reasons..[joyful] ( "they will probably still keep it secret")[wink]

I reckon you are right again Muddy.. & cool !! I had better make sure they have my current postal address !! [lol]

Don't suppose you could forward me a copy of the "current & revised " fight club rules ?? [ninja]

Muddy, he is going to keep you on your toes...now he wants you to call him Gulible[lol]

Trent, you may have misinterpreted the word "poster"

Brewer Poster - someone who posts on brewing forums or

Brewer Poster - big piece of paper with a picture of a brewer on it[crying]

The "rank thing" was not fully developed when the site went live. Do I hear you saying "Thank you Captain Obvious!"? [lol]

This is something we hope to sort with phase two of the site.

So King Paul.

Will you let us all know what the ranking thing will mean. It has obviously caused a forum to rant about something irrelevent to homebrewing (something that never happens on this site [innocent] ).

King!?? [w00t] [roll] [sideways][lol]

In the grand scheme, I'm closer to being a pawn. [sad]

Will probably not be able to pass things on prior to Phase two going live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived