Coopers Community

What's so bloody good about SA?

Muddy Waters

I got a leaflet from Cooper's yesterday which mentioned a big Cooper's bash in SA in February.

Having not been to South Australia before I am looking for reasons to go there. Apart from being the home of Cooper's what is there to see and do that would help me convince the wife to take a trip there?

I know there are wineries but that doesn't really interest me.

Some ideas from those in the know would be great. I'll do my best to get there in Feb if details of the party are released soon enough.

Cheers :wink:

House prices!

My girlfriend and i just bought a 3 bedroom double brick house on a 800 sq M block for 300K and its 14 Km out from the CDB! Try doing that shit in Sydney or Melb! If you are looking for a good house on a good bit of land for half the price as syd and melb i recomend you have a look in adelaide! Other then Houses and Coopers we Are the wine state of Australia! Also no Huge trafic james like in Syd and Melb!

G'day Muddy,

Adelaide is only in SA...it's not SA!, If you want to drive, or fly and hire a car there is a fair bit to see and do. The Eyre Peninsular, which is the start of the Great Australian Bight, has some fantastic coastlines, there is good fishing and great beaches, some pretty nice places to see and even better if you have a 4WD. There is the Flinders Ranges and the Barrossa Valley, (Even though you make it clear you are not into wineries) It depends on whether you want the bush or city, the arts or the architecture, the beer or the beer....more importantly, what does the missus like? it's not you that needs convincing...it's her! :wink:

Josh - I'd love to move to somewhere where houses and land are affordable but outside of Sydney I would be stuck finding work. Personally I don't like Sydney too much but am stuck here for the moment.

Ross - I like the coast and bush. Architecture etc would interest me but not the missus. I guess we would visit a winery or 2 but I'd prefer to visit a brewery any day. My wife's is a bit non committal as to what she would like to do but I do know that her favourite activities are sleeping and eating :P (I hope she doesn't read this over my shoulder :lol: )

Matt - More beers in Sydney??? I think you mean more EXPENSIVE beer in Sydney.

Archived