Coopers Community

Ginger Beer FG

Nick

The GB kit + 1 kg of sugar' date=' made to 20 litres should get down to around the 998 to 1002 mark.[biggrin']

Thanks Paul, its sitting on 1010 aftre 8 days so still has a way to go. Havent had a bottle bomb yet, so dont want to start now[biggrin]

Does the coopers ginger beer calculate the same as liquid extract? Trying to work out what my og should have been for tin/.5kg white sugar/.5kg brown sugar/ .5kg dme mixed to 20L. Spreadsheet fudgery suggests 1.045 from memory' date=' actual reading was more like 1.036[/quote']

G'day Mikey, i just done this with 1kg of raw sugar and 250gms of dex. When i get home from work, i will check my brew book and tell what sg i got. It shouldnt be a lot different to what you got.

Nick

G'day Mikey, i just done this with 1kg of raw sugar and 250gms of dex. When i get home from work, i will check my brew book and tell what sg i got. It shouldnt be a lot different to what you got.

Nick

Evening Mikey, the OG was 1044

Nick

Evening Mikey, the OG was 1044

Just put this into Beercraft

OG 1042

FG 1005

ABV 5.5

The GB kit + 1 kg of sugar' date=' made to 20 litres should get down to around the 998 to 1002 mark.[biggrin']

No wonder it needs all that sweetener[bandit] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Brewing in plastic jerry cans

I've been looking at these in the local hardware store. Do you get any plasticy taste off them or are they ok after a good scrubbing out?

No problems at all. Both my father and I brew in them. Bought them, gave them a clean then sanitise then brew. He basically just does a kit&kilo hahn premium light clone (haha well by kit and kilo I mean kit and 200g DME) and I brew mostly pale ale with no plastic taste in any brews. Water safe = brew safe I'd say.

Archived