Coopers Community

found a HBS with reasonable priced hops

i found a shop near the place im living at the next few weeks sells hops for $7.00 50gm not the cheapest but not the worst...ill check it out next week....his other stuff doesnt look too cheap though...ill get bette later via ebay but at a crunch it seems ok...my LHBS has 100gm vacuum packs for $17.50....ridiculous

yowsa! hops are expensive in aus...

maybe someone will know a cheap online place for you

Yob has me sorted but i have a few things on my plate at the moment...ill just buy enough to continue this addiction i now have thanks to all you lot [biggrin]

i found a shop near the place im living at the next few weeks sells hops for $7.00 50gm not the cheapest but not the worst...ill check it out next week....his other stuff doesnt look too cheap though...ill get bette later via ebay but at a crunch it seems ok...my LHBS has 100gm vacuum packs for $17.50....ridiculous

$7.00 is pretty pricey, but still, it's middle of the range for HB stores. I have my regular guy who does 50g for $4-5 depending on variety, but if I buy 250g it's $16-20. I'm happy with that. I've bought cheaper online, but the postage usually kills me. [crying]

Nedster, my advice is to try a few varieties and settle on two or three you really like, then get a bulk buy going to make the postage worthwhile. I buy all of my regular varieties in 250g packs and throw shetloads at my brew if I think it needs it.

Either way, you've seen the difference a few G's of hops can make. I'd still pay the $7 to make my beer better. [cool]

Well done on your new world order mate. Next time you're down south drop me a line. [happy]

$7.00 is pretty pricey, but still, it's middle of the range for HB stores. I have my regular guy who does 50g for $4-5 depending on variety, but if I buy 250g it's $16-20. I'm happy with that. I've bought cheaper online, but the postage usually kills me. [crying]

Nedster, my advice is to try a few varieties and settle on two or three you really like, then get a bulk buy going to make the postage worthwhile. I buy all of my regular varieties in 250g packs and throw shetloads at my brew if I think it needs it.

Either way, you've seen the difference a few G's of hops can make. I'd still pay the $7 to make my beer better. [cool]

Well done on your new world order mate. Next time you're down south drop me a line. [happy]

at the present thats my plan..im only looking to buy maybe 4 types of hops......"never say never" Otto has a good linky from states cheap as hell but ill never use it all i dont think????/"never say never " did i say?....im only looking at it from the point of view that a 15g bag of copper tun at local shop is near $4.00.....im just making do with what i can get....not many shops here but when i go to hospital next wek not far away theres a shop that at least has pellets??? later ill get into things more

im not going to adelaide if i can help it...i was born there...ive caused enough damage lol[lol]

Yeah I just ordered 2 pounds (900g) of Centennial, 1 pound of Chinook and half a pound of Northern Brewer, which arrived yesterday. I think it cost me about $65 incl. postage for around 1.6kg. Add those to all the other ones I have in the freezer and I should have enough to keep me going for a while. [lol]

my plan..im only looking to buy maybe 4 types of hops.

I'll throw out 2 of my favorite recommendations(hop:kit)

Fuggles : irish stout, english bitter, dark ale

Cascade : australian ale, IPA

noted Lord[biggrin]

Can any of you gentlemen recommend any suppliers/websites you use to make bulk hops purchases?

hi i was reading old posts and im sure Otto has a good place but i cant remember where the post was...sorry...still finding my way

Archived