Coopers Community

5lit Mini Keg Systems?

Big Flea

Its my B-day one of these days and SWMBO wants to know what to get me for my B-day. Ive been lookin at the 5lit mini keg systems with 16g Co2 canisters. SWMBO can only aford this sytem for now,.

My qeustion is?

Does it work ok?

Is this the 1st in full size kegging systems?

do you have a link?

I use 9lt kegs as little party beasts with a co2 cannister like THIS (dont buy that one it's terribly expensive) and while Ive had a bit of trouble with them they are great.

dunno about 5lt ones though...

Yob

I'd just go with a 9 or 19 ltr corny depending on your fridge space. Get a $14 Bronco tap and a beer out connector, and one of the CO2 deals Yob mentioned. That way you can just grow your keg system as $$$ allows, you'll have a party keg setup, and be in it about the same $$$. CraftBrewer or Keg King have all the gear but others here may point you in a cheaper direction.

I asked for a keg set from Santa last year in writing as well... Santa must get confused with all the letters (s)he receives and requests 'casue I got the mini keg system for Xmas... the dispenser is a bit different to one you are looking at. AM brewing a cider at the moment and plan to put 5 litres into akeg just to test. My only issue is that you can't force carb with them and instructions say to natrually condition may take about 5 weeks... Lucky I got a stash of full bottles to keep me going [roll]

I can never understand why one would get these. I assume people realise it takes just as much time to brew 19L-23L as it does 5L??

I'd drink 5L in less than one sitting... then what could I do?

I don't think you would brew 5 litres. You would do your standard 19-23 litre batch and maybe keg 5-10 litres in a couple of those keg thingys. The rest you would bottle.

Mark is just testing his with 5 litres of cider.

On the moment its a space issue. I also would do 3 x 5 liters and the rest in bottles. I first need to proof to SWMBO that I can make proper beer before I can spend more on equipment. Its also easier to take a 5 liter to friends. IMO Thats why Im ask for opinions and advice[biggrin]

On the moment its a space issue. I also would do 3 x 5 liters and the rest in bottles. I first need to proof to SWMBO that I can make proper beer before I can spend more on equipment. Its also easier to take a 5 liter to friends. IMO Thats why Im ask for opinions and advice[biggrin]

All good mate. It's horses for courses.

Based on the amount I consume I think 5 litre kegs would suit me better than 19 litre kegs. I'm interested to hear your feedback on it.

swmbo is a huge beleiver in homebrewing since i started buying a 30 pack every second day lol

I don't drink Cider

HAY Billistine!!

Ive been promising a mate of mine I would brew him a cider for about a year and a half... just cant bring myself to do it... feels like Im a beer sellout [lol]

[lol] [lol] [lol] [bandit]

I don't drink Cider

HAY Billistine!!

Ive been promising a mate of mine I would brew him a cider for about a year and a half... just cant bring myself to do it... feels like Im a beer sellout [lol]

[lol] [lol] [lol] [bandit]

I drink beer and P Cider![bandit]

I don't drink Cider

HAY Billistine!!

Yeah mate, why brew a cider when you can use the fermenter and time to brew a perfectly good beer?

Never ever made sense to me [pouty]

PS. Obelix gave me a few today and I thought I'd take a look around here.... I don't know whether I should have or not as there are still some fairy floss BS laying around.

FACT

Sorry, re Cider..

from my readings, the best results are had from the cheapest ALDI type apple juice... much better than 'good' AJ... well.. so Ive read anyway, cant speak from experience as yet. Can dig up a few of the topics if you are interested.

Yob

Archived