Coopers Community

Morgans

I rarely see anyone mention Morgans brew kits/?? are they any good or worth a try at...mind you ive only ever veered off Coopers once in all the years i been K&K brewing...was just wondering?? what about the thomas cooper series...any specials in there ???

I've made the Morgans Amber Ale a few times, but i do find them a little sweet. I have been bittering them with fuggles, but i havent quite nailed it yet. When i get it right, i'll be on a winner.

Never made anything else with Morgans, maybe other members can give you some info

I have used the Morgans Amber Ale in partial mash American Brown Ale. It tasted fine but I haven't tried it as a basic kit beer.

All the Thomas Coopers range of beers I have tried are great. The IPA is a real winner.

i mainly ask as im basically very ignorant......but my LHBS has a pretty good selection of beer kits...mind you he is quite dear really and as far as hops etc he has the basics but thats about it.....(listen to me "mr Expert lol)..but ive been looking at his kits and he seems to have quite a variety....mind you this guy is actually a produce shop and only took on the homebrew as he is a K&B brewer himself and the original LHBS went broke......i guess IMPROVISATION is the key as always with homebrewing[biggrin]

I have used the Morgans Amber Ale in partial mash American Brown Ale. It tasted fine but I haven't tried it as a basic kit beer.

All the Thomas Coopers range of beers I have tried are great. The IPA is a real winner.

yup im thinking of trying one of those IPA kits.....im loving all this trying new stuff.

i just put down a morgans to see what it is like

kool Shane let me know mate....i currently have an APA to bottle tomorrow and another APA i put down last nite...after that it may well be a double of Coopers draught....it just goes on and on lol

Archived