What you'll need:

Coopers IPA kit

Light Dry Malt 750g

Dextrose 150g

Medium Crystal Malt (120 EBC) 400g

50 grams of aroma hops (I used Stella).

Make up to 23 litres

Yeast I used 12g of S04.

This one beer, Scottie suggested it a couple of days ago.I was going to follow it to a tee, temp is the issue for me especially with S04

grain would be better if they were loose rather than compact in a bag.

Someone else may have a different opinion to me but from my experience, in a bag or not doesn't seem to make much difference to the result, it's just easier with a bag of some sort to tidy up afterwards.

Either way, good luck with your brew, I look forward to hearing how you get on.

I really should take a photo of it. [lol] But anyway, I have a large plant pot saucer, and I sit the FV in that, raised up on nylon blocks so the tap can sit out over the edge of the saucer. Then I wrap a dry towel around the FV, \xbd to \xbe fill the saucer with cold water & ice, tip 2L bottle of cold water over the top of the FV so it can run down the towel, and it just drains into the saucer; the towel sitting in the water stays wet. Cooling by evaporation. If it gets a little too warm then I put a fan on it. It worked well for me last summer, I noticed no bad flavours in my beers and the temps were stable around 20-21ish. I think with the use of the cold water it brought it down closer to 18 though. I wasn't doing that at first, just normal tap water. If you have some way of doing something similar, it will help you keep the temps down. [joyful]

I can certainly visualize it, but they say a picture paints a thousand words.

Give us a pic Otto Man! [tongue]

I think more than a passing few on this forum would like to see this setup of yours. Me included. [biggrin]

Beer. (Anthony)

I'll get one when I set it up next, I didn't use it on my latest brew because the temps have been down in the low 20s anyway and it's always a few degrees cooler where the FV sits. Under the house cools down at night but doesn't warm up much compared to the outside temp during the day. Either that or I'll set it up empty when I bottle the brew, just as a demo. [lol]

Archived