Coopers Community

Beers in Briefs!

LordEoin

It's Friday night and I've nothing to do so I figured I'd play World of Warcraft and make a start in to my stash of conditioned beers.

I've been keeping 2 pint bottles from each batch since I started (apart from the first brew) too see how they age, but 10 months down the line I'm running out of space in that drawer.

I don't see much change after about 3 months anyway.

So, I'm going to use this thread to keep notes on my beer from now on. I know that the temps are a bit high in the first few, but I'm gonna leave all data as it is.

Stars-> 1)hate 2)dislike 3)ok 4)like 5)love

Future me apologizes for when I resurrect the thread to add a new beer.

I wish I didnt just eat that Chili Inferno Pizza though, it kinda killed my tastebuds for the first one...

PS: does anyone know one know if it's possible to reduce the size of the images for the posts?

PPS: 1.5 carb drops/500ml bottle = 9grams per liter

Here's #1, none of those lasted...

Kit: Wheat Beer X 2

Added: 500g LDM + 300g dex

OG: 1.035

Brew Temp: 24

Brew Time: 10 days

FG: 1.010

ABV: 3.9%

Priming: 1.5 drops/500ml bottle

Notes: went down well with the masses, none remain

Kit: Wheat Beer

Added: 500g LDM + 300g dex, to 23l

Brew Temp: 24

Brew Time: 7 days

ABV: 3.9%

Priming: 1.5 drops/500ml bottle

Notes: 3 star, very poor head retention, sweet, not much flavor, fizzy.

kinda disappointed by this one, I remembered it being Awesome...

it's refreshing though.

3wheatbeer.jpg

You read my mind Ash, brew 5 was Mexican cerveza...

Kit: 5 Mexican Cerveza

Added: 1kg BE2

OG: 1.038

Brew Temp: 24C

Brew Time: 7 days

ABV: 4.3%

Priming: 1.5 drops/ 500 ml btl

Notes: 3 star. sweet smell, fizzy (i'm sensing a pattern with carb drops here), not much flavor, reminds me of rolling rock. very easy to drink. poor head retention.

5-MexicanCerveza.jpg

time for comfy pants...

Kit: 6 English Bitter

Added: 500g LDM + 500g extra light LDM + 12 g fuggles teabag (in cup of boiling water, left to cool, then all added to FV)

OG: 1.040

Brew Temp: 18C

Brew Time: 7days

ABV: 4.5%

Priming: 1.5 drops/ 500ml bottle

Notes: 4star. sweet. mild bitter. just as fizzy as the others but it works better. light head retention. smooth and tasty...

6-EBwfuggles.jpg

Kit: 7 ginger beer

Added: 500g dex, 500g ldm, 800g cane sugar, 250g, ginger, 1/2 tsp cinamon, 10 whole cloves

Brew Temp: 24C

Brew Time: 7days

FG: 1.002

ABV: 4.9%

Priming: 1.5 drops/500ml botle

Notes: 2star, apart from all the crap floating around it, its not as bad as i remember. the flavors seem to have mellowed a bit but the fake sweet taste is still a bit weird and overpowering. the cloves are nice. prety much no head retention (not too surprising as there's so much sugar).

probably my own fault for adding so much crap.

overall, it would probably be nice on a hot day as a moscow mule mixer (this, vodka, lime)

7-gingerbeer.jpg

Kit: 8 wheatbeer

Added: ikg wheat ldm + 300g dex

OG: 1.042

Brew Time: 8days

FG: 1.012

ABV: 4.5%

Priming: 1.5 drops/ 500ml bottle

Notes: 3.5star. more of a 'bread'y taste than the other wheetbeer. till poor head retention which is disappointing as that's why i tried all wheatmalt that time... overall 'neutral'.

ps - i didnt invert the bottle for this one. dont see the point in mixing th yeats back in if it's not a speciality yeast.

8-wheatbeer.jpg

Kit: 9 irish stout

Added: 500g dark ldm, 500g wheat ldm, 500g dex

OG: 1.047

Brew Time: 11 days

FG: 1.014

ABV: 4.8%

Priming: 1 drop/500ml btl

Notes: 4.5 star. mmm. perfect carbonation. more bitter than murphys. sweeter than guinness. carbonation is perfect for ale, slightly too high for stout. color is very dark golden brown, i wonder how guinness mke it really dark red. anyway, nice drop. must do this again. head retention is pretty poor, although it does maintain a slight head.

9-irishstout.jpg

50 shades of beer' date=' the man vesion of 50 shades or grey..[/quote']

Its not even lunchtime over here and that English Bitter made me thirsty, settled for Orange Juice.

Great job Eoin but I am surprised you could still critique them by the end of the night [bandit] .

I hoping the posts would get more and more incomprehensible as can happen when people drink and post. But to our man in Irelands credit' date=' he maintained his poise and prose until the very end. [biggrin']

The good Lord didn't back up today; he must be sleeping it off [biggrin]

So I finished decanting three long necks of Coopers Pale Ale in my quest to harvest the yeast. Along with a drinking few others I got the missus to sample that Fruity Mexican that I made up for her. Its just on seven weeks bottled. She tells me that she reckons it\u2019s made her sick, so I offer to try one just to put her mind at ease.

Well damn if this ain't the best brew yet [innocent] [devil] [bandit] . Citrus aroma I can detect but I'm damned if I can taste anything. But it hasn't made me sick, Lord Eoin I have no idea how your taste buds were still working after so many pints [unsure] mine are just about shot [lol]

Archived