Coopers Community

38 DEGREES IN THE SHADE

phAT YAK

Hello fellow brewers just recently brought a house and have been quiet busy packing and getting ready for the big move. To cut the story short spent most of the day saturday in the garage pulling down the brewery and an hour into it I knew I was going to need a thirst quenching drop, the only thing I had close to being drinkable was a batch of hopped up ginger beer, 3 months in age I must say YUM YUM[love] Now I see why this one has became so popular among my friends and family[biggrin]

No worries mate 2C the thought of that makes the old fella want to shrivle up inside me if you know what I meen[innocent]. I must say though the use of hops[love] and liquid malts[love] does wonders with anything you may want to brew[cool].

No worries mate 2C the thought of that makes the old fella want to shrivle up inside me if you know what I meen[innocent]. I must say though the use of hops[love] and liquid malts[love] does wonders with anything you may want to brew[cool].

SQUARE BEAR, Please![innocent] [bandit]

sounds good, like a russian mule [joyful]

how about i wonder if you could cut out the middleman though and make a super ginger rum liquer, like sloe gin but different.

maybe 1 bottle cheap(ish) rum, 200g table sugar, 200g diced ginger.

Sit in a bottle for about 3 months, strain, enjoy [cool]

although the title of this thread has me wanting the exact opposite of that... mexican cerveza. Perfect for hothot days!

I know what's going in my FV next [biggrin]

I reckon Chad means Bundaberg Rum though. As in, Square Bottle With Bear Logo. [love]

Yea, that's right, Bill. This is what my mate, Nick would call Bundaberg rum. He would always bring a bottle of the "Sqaure Bear" back to Canada after a visit with the folks Downunder. We'd get drunk for a night or two and then it'd be gone until next visit.

I don't know how far away you are from the following places but, I just played with Google and found....

=====================================================

"It's all over Alberta, I've seen it in Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge and Red Deer

Sherbroke in Edmonton also carries the bundy Dark and Stormy and Dry and Lime cans"

and

"Spinnakers Spirit Merchants in Victoria BC http://www.spiritmerchants.ca sometimes have it, and may be able to tell you where to get it in your provence. I know the importer is in Alberta.

I have seen Bundy in Banff, Calgary and Whistler. Check out where there are seasonal Aussies (skiing)"

Bundy is still only available in British Commonwealth nations.

=====================================================

No idea if this might help you or not... [alien]

I don't know how far away you are from the following places but' date=' I just played with Google and found....[/quote']

2 1/2 hours or so to the closest. Too far to drink and drive.[bandit]

Check out where there are seasonal Aussies (skiing)"

[lol] They're like vermin around here![innocent]

No idea if this might help you or not... [alien]

It won't help my hang over[sick] Or my marriage.[devil]

Ahhh... It was the over proof stuff. Bloody beautiful straight outa' the bottle![devil]

Did you use a glass?

If not, I hope the bottle was in a brown paper bag and you drank it on a train; the usual Australian way [rightful] Or maybe thats just the Sydney City to Penrith service [innocent]

Archived