Coopers Community

Enjoying my first ever beer brew - Coopers Lager

Stevodevo

Hi All,

Just wanted to report on my frist beer brew. I've previously done a few ciders, but I've just recently crossed over to the dark side. This brew was the Coopers Lager that came with the DIY kit.

Bottled 4/10/12 and chucked a couple in the fridge last night to drink on the weekend. Couldn't wait, so I'm knocking back a couple tonight. As expected, head retention leaves a bit to be desired, but bubbles are nice and small already (although they don't last through the whole drink). To be expected I suppose, considering it's exactly 2 weeks young tonight. The main thing is it is surprisingly very nice to drink, and will definitely see me through until my next [hopefully] tastier beers are ready to drink. It definitely has alcamohol in it too :-)

Thanks for the helpful advice so far. I'm calling my first beer brew a winner.

Stevo old mate, the road to the dark side is definately one way. you will never go back to mega swill unless it is a crisis situation. i got into brewing because a neighbour invited me to try some of his homies. i took a few Kilkenny's to be polite and when i cracked one after a dozen schooners of homebrew, it dead set tasted like cat piss, and thats Kilkenny! welcome to the real beer drinkers underworld [devil]

there is a world of beery delight awaiting[love]

Congrats Stevo.

I'm glad it turned out ok.

You're also on a forum with some very experienced home brewers that will have you brewing some super beer in no time. [biggrin]

Beer.

Yep... I've been lurking in a couple of other forums, but this by far the most friendly Aussie forum around.

Stevo old mate' date=' the road to the dark side is definately one way. you will never go back to mega swill unless it is a crisis situation. i got into brewing because a neighbour invited me to try some of his homies. i took a few Kilkenny's to be polite and when i cracked one after a dozen schooners of homebrew, it dead set tasted like cat piss, and thats Kilkenny! welcome to the real beer drinkers underworld [devil']

there is a world of beery delight awaiting[love]

Nick, you got it right. I'm 39 so that means I came of age in the early nineties... there was nothing like the craft beer (and cider for that matter) explosion we're enjoying at the moment so I settled on Strongbow and spirits as my poison. I still enjoy a nice cider and Stongbow is actually still my second pick after my Apple and Blackcurrant cider I've been brewing myself lately. The variety of beer around at the moment has given me new choices and I'm really enjoying it!

Absolutely Stevo, i had a go about 25 years ago and it was virtually undrinkable. ingredients, equipment and technique have improved out of sight, but i reckon we all need to thank the magic and mystery of the interweb...so much info at our fingertips and so many like minded folk to spread the love[biggrin] [biggrin]

Absolutely Stevo' date=' i had a go about 25 years ago and it was virtually undrinkable. ingredients, equipment and technique have improved out of sight, but i reckon we all need to thank the magic and mystery of the interweb...so much info at our fingertips and so many like minded folk to spread the love[biggrin'] [biggrin]

+1...

...& +2 on Stevo's age for me! [tongue]

Beer.

Archived