Coopers Community

Taking brewing further

Sven

Looking at getting the teeth into brewing beyond kits and thought some literature would be a good place to start.

Anyone read either How to Brew - By John Palmer or The Complete Joy of Homebrewing - By Charles Papazian? They seem to be the bibles.

Also, has anyone attended the brewing courses at the University of Ballarat? Graduate Certificate or Diploma of Brewing or even the short course? I grew up 5 minutes away and have moved back to the area. (What the hell was I thinking doing a geology degree 20 years ago!?!)

Geology! Sven, you rock.

I have read both books and they are both great resources. I prefer How to Brew by John Palmer but buying both is a good decision.

Unfortunately I haven't done a brewing course. There is a topic on AHB that discusses courses and literature. Perhaps you should check it out.

Ditto, yep, got both books and numerous more. Both are good even though I favor Palmer's too.

You should read Yeast... it's is a great educational tool and should be one of a few first books a brewer should get imo.

I read the complete joy of homebrewing and it really cleared up a lot for me. Haven't read Palmer's book though. Tell you what's helped a great deal, podcasts from Basic Brewing Radio and The Brewing Network. Basic Brewing radio has massive archives and themed shows on just about every topic. Highly recommended

Archived