Coopers Community

Fuggles vs. EKG

Lotm

Hi gents,

Planning on doing a English bitter. What's the difference between fuggles and EKG flavour/aroma/bitter wise? Was planning on dry hopping as I'd never tried it before. If steeping or boiling is a better option please let me know.

Hi gents,

Planning on doing a English bitter. What's the difference between fuggles and EKG flavour/aroma/bitter wise? Was planning on dry hopping as I'd never tried it before. If steeping or boiling is a better option please let me know.

I find EKG spicier and Fuggles earthier. Both are great hops of course.[biggrin]

How you use them depends on what you want from them, if you're only looking for aroma dry hopping is a good way to go.

I haven't had much experience with these hops as yet, as I've been making quite a few American pale ales. However, I do have 450g of EKG and 230g of Fuggles, and I'm planning some English style ales. So I think I'll create identical worts and do the same thing as you Lotm, use EKG in one and Fuggles in the other and see what the difference is. Then maybe make one with both[biggrin]

Archived