Coopers Community

Got my mill up and running last weekend.

The only thing I wasn't too happy about was that I cut the holes to mount the motor and mill before I secured the top. Stupid basic move as you will see down the left side there is about a 3mm gap because of course the top moved while I was marking where to drill. Next time will secure top first!...

Nevertheless, I'll fill it with some filler when I get around to it.

8018280335_781fe63a1f.jpg

You can see it running HERE but I am yet to run grain through it as I want to paint it first for obvious reasons.

Awww cmon Bill... Where's the LED's and bangin soundtrack [lol] [lol]

Very bling... I expect thats got a fair bit of torque? Whats the motor from and where from?

I managed to put a coat of primer on yesterday and am hoping to get at least one coat of finish on today.

The motor is the Motion Dynamics one especially made from specs AHBers provided. However, mine wasn't on special when I purchased it [crying]

It's a great motor. Some of the specs are:

Torque 20 Nm

160-180 rpm at the gear box.

All specs are in the link I provided above.

I converted an old HP Server power supply to run it from 240v mains.

I am really happy with the way the motor performs and would recommend one to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Well she's painted now. Although I am thinking of putting some blue stripes on it to go with Obelix.

Took it on it's maiden run last Saturday and although I want to build a bigger hopper now, you can see it painted and on its maiden run below.

Excuse the video as it was taken on my phone and I didn\u2019t realise it was not completely in focus.

8064995962_321b8d41dc_m.jpg

8064996214_42d3945612_m.jpg

Video Linky

The old Marga I was using was slipping pretty bad and the rollers didn't grip the grain at times. I guess for nothing you can't expect much and used to take anything from an hour to hour and half for 6kg. The hopper in the vid here only holds about 2 kg but I can now do 6kg in about 3 minutes. [cool]

Archived