Coopers Community

1st bottle bomb in nearly a decade...

PhilboBaggins

This is the main reason people bulk prime.

agreed, another is that you can dry hop to your hearts content and when you rack to bulk prime you leave all the trub / hops etc. behind in the Primary FV giving a clearer beer from the bottle.

Bulk priming rocks and the only people that poo poo it are those who have never tried it [lol]

Gees, this thread kept going and I had no idea!

[lol]

Nah, I have noticed sometimes that the ones I bottle first seem less carbed than the ones bottled towards the end. Or the other way around, I can't remember.. but yeah I'll try a gentle stir on the next brew and see how it goes.

Same here Kelsey. I have noticed that too. The customised levels of carbonation with bulk priming have made me a million times happier with my beer, and I will never go back to bottle priming, however I have a "feeling" that the sugar could be mixing a little better.

Reckon I'll give the old spoony-stirry thing a go too.

As for the bottles, I'll be gradually replacing them with reusable glass from now on I think. [rightful]

Thanks to everyone for the responses!

Yeah Phil, that's pretty much where I'm at too. I'm really enjoying how I can fully customise the carb levels in my beer, as opposed to only two options - one or two drops per bottle or whatever. Also the head seems to be more tightly packed and has better retention since I've been bulk priming with Dextrose. But yeah.. got a sneaky suspicion that it's not mixing in as thoroughly as it could, got an amber ale in the FV that should be due to bottle next weekend so it can be the guinea pig for the spoony-stirry thing[lol]

Archived