Coopers Community

What to do with all these stubbie holders?

Now that I have become a beer snob I am left with a myriad of redundant stubbie holders. But drinking from a glass can be a PITA at parties as I found out at a 40th on Saturday night. I am thinking I should make an aroma free brew specially for parties, one that I can swig from a stubbie without lowering myself to drinking what others have termed a megaswill.

Hi Nelson.

Brew what you always brew, just bottle a few in longneck bottles through a few of your brews.

If you are kegging beer from 23L fermenter brews, you must have approx 2-3 litres left over after each brew that you couldn't keg (19 litre kegs?). Take what you think you'll need to these parties in a tall esky (so the bottles remain upright) & with your own glass if necessary.

I'm betting most of the guys at these parties that take the time to notice you drinking from a glass will ask you what you are drinking & want to sample your beer.

We must edumakate these vile megaswillers into what REAL beer is. [lol]

Never Sacrifice Flavour! [rightful]

Beer.

Just posting my first post on the Coopers site. I've been a keen Coppers Sparkling Ale drinker for many years, and just discovered the beauty of brewing my own. I really enjoyed my first batch of 'Coopers Sparkling' from a kit and just bottled a 'Coopers Stout' again from a kit with 'Stout enhancer'. Can't wait - I love being a brewer!

Now that I have become a beer snob I am left with a myriad of redundant stubbie holders. But drinking from a glass can be a PITA at parties as I found out at a 40th on Saturday night. I am thinking I should make an aroma free brew specially for parties' date=' one that I can swig from a stubbie without lowering myself to drinking what others have termed a megaswill.[/quote']

Hi Nelson,I sometimes put my part of my brew into stubbies so i can take to a party or barbie & don't have to worry.

Brew what you always brew, just bottle a few in longneck bottles through a few of your brews.

If you are kegging beer from 23L fermenter brews, you must have approx 2-3 litres left over after each brew that you couldn't keg (19 litre kegs?). Take what you think you'll need to these parties in a tall esky (so the bottles remain upright) & with your own glass if necessary.

Apart from kegging I still bottle, on account that I only have three kegs, one gas bottle and one kegerator. Currently I have close to 150 litres of beer in glass bottles, 750s, 640s, 500s, 375s, 355s & 330s.

At home or at a mates place watching the footy it's no drama. But the other night at a spit roast I was juggling a plate, a bottle opener, a glass and a bottle. Now the beer didn't go warm but my roast went cold. Would have been much easier with a stubbie in a stubbie holder.

Anyway I think the English Bitter might be the beer I'm looking for, I might give one a test run on Saturday.

Would have been much easier with a stubbie in a stubbie holder.

I try to keep a supply of my home brew in stubbies for this very purpose. It's not as good as out of a glass and a bit more of a bother to bottle but far more convienient in certain situations.

I just take along a 9L keg and pour beer from that and then obviously a glass is needed to pour from the keg... they can stick there megaswill stubbies. However, I do find that I don't get all the keg to myself these days so might have to ramp up to the 19L ones. [joyful]

Archived