Coopers Community

comments

RonT1

Hello all,have only been brewing a couple of months and so far been mainly using Coopers real ale[ just following the instructions] which I think couldn't be any better.Anyway,just bought another Real ale and an English bitter,started putting it together then noticed ,on the can,it say use 1klg of brew enhanser.Can't be bothered going all the way back into town plus I've just sampled another brew I bottled a month ago so can't drive.So I'll put 750grams of sugar and 250 grams of treacle in it instead of the enhanser.Any comments?emember I'm only just starting.If it turns out not too good I've got some mates with no taste buds.

Thanks Muddy,too late I got carried away and did it.Also put in another real ale.I'll leave it and follow your advce as soon as I hav an empty fermenter.What is the best sugar substitute to use?I am trying to make beer thats as free of preservites and the like.Drank an assortment of pommie real ales over there and loved them.Can't quite get back into stubbies of this and that so thought I'd give brewing a go.Thanks again for the reply.Lousy day here so might wander back down to my brewery shortly.

Depending on your own taste buds, I think you might be giving this batch to your mates [biggrin]

As Muddy mentioned earlier, replace the sugar or enhancer with 1kg of light dry malt. It will be a much nicer beer and you will definitely notice the difference.

You should give the English Bitter kit a go. Very nice [love]

[ just following the instructions] which I think couldn't be any better.

I hope you aren't following them to a tee.... there is one or two things that need be improved in those instructions. The main thing is the temperatures. Try ferment your Ales between 18-20C if you can and not the 21-27C as instructed.

Archived