Coopers Community

STC-1000'd!!!

King Ruddager

My brew fridge is a 380 litre one & it fits the DIY FV nicely.

If I was getting a replacement I would get one without the freezer in the top section. A fridge only would be the way to go.

Look on Ebay for a cheapy. I usually set the location tab on the side to within 200km of my postcode & that thins out the selection to a couple of dozen.

Oh, and many late happy ones [smile]

• 1 month later...

Finally wired this up yesterday [smile] Took a while for me to gather components, cut holes in the box and do the wiring because I don't have the knowledge let alone the tools to do either of those things.

End result? Backwards [pinched] D'oh. Apparently red is brown, not blue. Bugger. Time to pull it apart and try again!!

Right' date=' active is active and neutral is neutral now so I finally have temperature control!! [biggrin']

Well ... in winter that is. Don't actually have a fridge yet.

Congrats Ruddi!

Not knowing where you reside on this planet, it is hard to say whether a brew fridge will benefit you or not. I would guesstimate, it will! [biggrin]

I am just about to embark on using my temp-controlled brew fridge for regular brewing, after taking in all of the advice from the more advanced brewers on this forum.

Control of your brew temperature through ferment is MASSIVE in terms of the quality of your finished brew.

I have numerous members of this forum to thank for their advice along these lines. I have attempted to express my gratitude in numerous threads, at various points as best I could thus far.

They already know who they are. [wink]

Cheers,

Beer.

How's that?

Ooh look, we're neighbours! So as you probably already know, we're starting to get into fridge weather.

Hello fellow Adelaidian! [biggrin]

You are spot on about the weather atm. I heard recently that they are predicting one of our hottest summers in over a decade this season. [sad]

Beer.

Archived