Coopers Community

Cerveza

BrewingBenny

I hav e looked through what I believe to be all the posts regarding the Coopers Cerveza, Yes it has both an ale/lager yeast. I cant see any real reason why you would do this, Too low a temp the lager yeast works and the ale yeast drops out,

1) I I brew at a lower temp is there enough viable lager yeast to do the job

2) If I brew at above 15 will the lager yeast leave some crappy flavours and again is there enough ale yeast to do the job.

I am brewing at about 12-14, 2 days and there is very little krausen or action for that matter which does not worry me but the amount of lager yeast to be viable does.

Any consensus on the best fermenting temp.

[innocent]

I'm not sure what the percentage of each yeast is in those sachets but you'd guess it's half and half. 3.5g of lager yeast wouldn't be enough to ferment a full batch I wouldn't think. The thing is if you ferment at ale temps then you'll have both the ale and lager yeast working, rather than lager temps and only the lager yeast working. I did an Australian Bitter a couple of months ago which has that hybrid yeast and just fermented at ale temps and it tastes fine, no off flavours or anything. Any time I do kits that have the hybrid yeast I would just brew it at about 17-18\xb0C.

ive made a couple of batches of the cerveza at 18-20\xb0C' date=' and there were no off flavours apparant. well, actually, there were no flavours at all, even after adding plenty of hops and lme. [bandit']

+1 here[bandit]

No idea why the yeat is mised, but I can confirm that I had no off-flavors brewing this at about 23C.

Don't shoot me, I was still going by the supplied instructions back then.[rightful]

My friends loved it, I thought it was tastleless but awesome in the sun.

Archived