Coopers Community

Hops

ash

Same trouble getting them in New Zealand too![pouty]

This blog update from Tuatara Brewing Company mentions a shortage of Amarillo... http://tuatarabrewing.co.nz/blog/huge-tuatara-beer-update/

Instead they have used two hop blends; Zythos, and Falconer's Flight. They might work for you. I'm putting down a black IPA tomorrow with Zythos. Should be tasty!

you and the rest of the world too... bad year for the rillo...

zythoz [love]

I had an IPA with zythos at gabs, was the most on the 'to do' list in the last 12 months...

Zythos is a blend and be aware it changes from year to year in intensity..

Craftbrewer still stock them:

Craftbrewer - Hops

I have some Amarillo in my freezer. Just waiting until the supply dries up so I can sell them at a ridiculous price on the black market [bandit]

Suweeeet I also have some - 90g of pellets [joyful] still sealed in the bag.

Away from Amarillo, these sound yummo Summer Saaz

I knew CB had them... was holding out on you [lol]

I fully intend to buy 2 pounds (896 grams) of Amarillo from the states in October when the harvest comes in.. along with a another pound of Cascade..

THIS GUY has the best value hops Ive seen being sold anywhere

For example CB sell 90g of Cascade Pellet for $8.90

Yakima Valley sells 448 g of Cascade Pellet for $10 US (almost the same)

Dont know about you guys, Im sending my money to him and brewing my button off with masses of hops [lol]

[w00t] [whistling

Yob

If you buy between 3.5 and 7 lbs of hops, be sure to do it in 2 orders or he'll screw you on delivery:

Up to 3.5 Pounds = USPS $17 Flat Rate Envelope

Up to 7 Pounds = USPS $48 Flat Rate Medium Box

For example if you buy 6lbs of hops, buy it in 2 X 3lb orders and delivery will be $34 instead of 48

thats true, though it's not him but the price index from the postal service.

Every penny counts though, and for me personally 3lb fills up my freezer space quite a bit, cant see the need for ordering over that amount in one hit.

3lb = 1344g that is I can assure you a reasonable haul of hops... If you do start to get hops by the pound you will also need a Vacuum Sealer.... and they are, I can also assure you, freaking awesome!! (V-Sealers that is)

Yob

Archived