Coopers Community

Advice on Coopers Wheat Beer Kit

MarkB38

I received a Coopers DIY Kit for my birthday. I've done three brews (Lager, IPA and Australian Pale Ale), though I haven't tried one yet (I want them to condition for a month - trying to be patient [innocent] ).

I'd like to try the Wheat Beer next (with a little orange and coriander). The kit calls for:

\u20221.7kg can Thomas Coopers Wheat Beer

\u2022500g Light Dry Malt

\u2022300g Dextrose

Would anyone make any recommendations for altering the recipe, such as replace the dextrose with another 500g LDME? Or maybe do 1kg LDME and 300g Dextrose (probably too many fermentables)? Or maybe substitute a can of liquid wheat malt for the LDME? Or should I just stick with what the kit says?

I'm still new at this, so I could really use a pointer or two.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

You could try:

1.7kg Coopers wheat beer kit

1kg liquid wheat malt

Then use a good wheat beer yeast like WB-06 or a liquid wheat yeast.

Yeast is one of the most important ingredients in a beer and it is especially so in a wheat beer.

Yeast is one of the most important ingredients in a beer and it is especially so in a wheat beer.

We as brewers only make Wort... it's the yeast that turn it into beer and as such is one of the most important factors, both the selection and the treatment of can Yeast have a great impact on the final product.

[love] your yeast and they will happily produce great beer!

Yob

BTW, Wheat beers are best consumed early on without too much conditioning needed.

I made it with 500g LDm and 300g dextrose a couple of times, but far preferred the result using 1kg Dry Wheat malt and 300g dextrose.

Its a nice easygoing beer, nothing fancy and it won't 'wow' the tastebuds, but I really like it.

Next batch will be with 1kg Dry wheat malt, 300g dextrose( or maybe no dex) and wb06 yeast.

Thanks everyone.

I think I'll go out and get a couple pounds of Briess Bavarian Wheat Dry Extract, and save the LDME that comes with the kit for another brew. And I guess I might as well pickup some SAFBREW WB-06 Wheat Beer, instead of the yeast that comes with the kit. I see that the local brew shop has both.

Thanks.

Archived