Coopers Community

Opposing Brew

BrewingBenny

I was given a Mangrove Jacks dry blonde, amarillo hops, dry enyme powder and brewmaster #20 as a present. SG was 1.042, day 9 and it's 1.006. Temp 18-20 religious. It's still fermenting. Any thoughts. Sorry if its taboo to talk about other products. I am a Coopers fanatic usually but gifts are gifts

with dry enzyme in it who can say?

Still, general rules apply, stable SG for a few days, leave a week to clean up and bottle.

If it's still fermenting it's still fermenting and you need to reach terminal gravity before bottling.

Yob

Should I give the dry enzyme the boot from now on and leave it out

????

So GrahamB8 what part of the Sunny Coast are you we should have a brew drink.

If you leave it out you wont be able to produce low carb beers, isnt that the reason your using it??

Muddy now you've just Muddy'd it for me. What is the purpose of the dry enzyme powder then and what is it's function.

The dry enzyme is to generally get your FG to a lower gravity. This will produce a much dryer beer with less body to it.

Essentially the enzyme works similar to the yeast but it eats the sugars that the yeast doesn't eat which then results in a thinner dryer beer. Probably not a bad thing if you are trying to make a bit of a mega swill. I generally get headaches from dry beers so don't use it.

Archived