Coopers Community

Fruit Salad Ale - Hops Tea Bag

NathanW9

Hi all, just after some advice, im going to give the fruit salad ale a go, my stout has turned out pretty darn good for my first brew i must say, definetely not cheers beer:)

I got the cascade hops in a tea bag and was wondering once it has steeped for 30mins, should i place tea bag in fermenter for the process or throw out?

Thanks

I would just throw it out; you would have gotten what you needed out of it in the 30 minute steep.

Now that you have started brewing with hops you won't turn back. And you will find that hops are cheaper and fresher when you buy them in larger quantities.

Brew shops sell them in 90-100g packets (and larger) and you can freeze what you don't use. Soon you will end up with a freezer full of hops of different varieties.

The Fruit Salad Ale is a great beer and a nice introduction to hops. Good luck with it!

Thanks Hairy, by the way i have conflicting info in regards to ferment temp? Once source says 24 deg and another says 20 deg. In my mind the higher end (24 deg) would be better as it will produce sweeter esters and bring out the fruitiness? Correct me if im wrong:)

Archived