Coopers Community

Yeast HELP

BrewingBenny

I used a Danstar Nottingham neutral ale yeast 11g, typical noob and being not quite researched, I thought the packet said add the yeast too 100ml of water and stir for 15 sec, yes I know your laughing, it should have been 15 minutes. I added it to the wort and at this point 15 hrs later no action. Would this cause the yeast to have remained suspended or will it kick in if I bring the wort up to say 26 for a little then allow it to drop back to 18. I use a heat mat so it will be a slow process and the room it is in is relatively cool, it remained at 18 overnight steady. I'm becoming a forum addict, there is so much to learn even after having done copious amounts of research prior to starting my brewing career [biggrin]. Thanks guys/gals.

The wort was at 22 when I stirred it in. Just checked my baby and she is ALIVE. WHOA deep breath and a sigh. Whilst on here stressing the grime ring appeared and that awful thing on top started bubbling. "I KNOW" when i get past a few brews i'll ditch it and run with the glad wrap, it sounds a better option.

I dunno mate. While over thinking can lead to unnecessary stress the first couple of times you're doing something, and you want to make sure you get it right, it can also lead to intensive research on a subject and seeking advice from all kinds of different sources.

I'm friggin' shocking for it, but when you start your brew day having already gone through it obsessively twenty times in you head, on paper, or whatever, I reckon you're more likely to achieve a positive result, and not develop bad habits.

Just 2c worth from a brewer with mild obsessive compulsive disorder. [biggrin]

Couldn't resist myself today only 24hrs post bottling I cracked a stubbie to see what i was in for. I cant believe it, it's just sensational. I made 6 stubbies up to test each week over a month and a bit to see for myself what it tastes like at different stages. I call it getting to know your brew [devil]. Cant believe how clear it was overnight, if it had of had bubbles it would have looked no different to a commercial quality beer. (Is that blowing my trumpet LOL [lol].

Archived