Coopers Community

Coopers pale ale yeast count

Chiro

Best practice is a starter and then letting it settle to count the ml of compact yeast slurry.

Yob

I'm thinking that's what I'll do.

BillK: All of your points I agree with. Those coopers tall bottles are good heavy bottles. Alot better than the old crown seals I use.

Thanks for the other replies.

Those coopers tall bottles are good heavy bottles. Alot better than the old crown seals I use.

I agree, unfortunately no chance of replacing all my twist top longys for many, many years. All mine are donated from friends, none of which drink Coopers 'doh' What happened to the days when cases of long necks were always a couple of bucks cheaper than the stubbies... These days they are always a lot more expensive and never seem to be on 'sale'. [sad]

WOW this topic got large compared to last time I was here. I should have added a little extra info in my answer. It is really hard to tell the amount of yeast in the bottle due to conditions, but you will never throw that amount of yeast (even at perfect conditions) into a brew anyway.

You will use a few bottles of it, combine it and grow it into a much larger culture before using it. So even if you have such a small amount to start with you end up with a lot more yeast before you pitch them.

I also like the Coopers yeast that comes in the bottles. What can I say, I like the coopers taste.

Every time I buy a 6 pack of Pale Ale I make myself a brew out of it. It's a great learning experience and teaches you to clean absolutely everything as well. Also remember to taste and smell before pitching.

Archived