Coopers Community

Wine or Beer

weggl

Remade one of my favourites, brewed the same as usual, but it has a sort of wine taste plus its a little on the cloudy side. It is not caused by too much sugar as there is only 100g of Dex in the brew.

Any clues lads?

Weggl

This is the brew and a nice drop I might add. I have made it twice previously and it was A1.

Did everything the same this time. When I say wine taste some might say green apples.

CAN PALE ALE

1.3 DME-20 CASCADE 10 MIN -20 NELSON 10 MIN

15 NELSON FO- 170 DEX- CULTURED YEAST

23L

This is the brew and a nice drop I might add. I have made it twice previously and it was A1.

Did everything the same this time. When I say wine taste some might say green apples.

CAN PALE ALE

1.3 DME-20 CASCADE 10 MIN -20 NELSON 10 MIN

15 NELSON FO- 170 DEX- CULTURED YEAST

23L

I have heard Nelson Sauvin can give a winey note. Never used it myself though so I can't be sure that's it.

Acetaldehyde

A flavor of green apples or freshly cut pumpkin; it is an intermediate compound in the formation of alcohol. Some yeast strains produce more than others, but generally it's presence indicates that the beer is too young and needs more time to condition.

I had this in a lager a long time ago. The taste dissapated a little over time but I could still taste it. I hated it.

Give it some more time and see what happens.

Archived