Coopers Community

All Grain setup (weekend project) pictures

JasonB18

I have been at it again. I just can't keep from building something and spending more money[roll]. The never ending quest of good fun and Great BEER![biggrin]

So my All Grain setup,, here is a picture,

DSCN1331.jpg

- 8gallon brew pot

- Propane burner and tank

- 28qt Mash Tun

- 28qt Hot Liqueur tank

- Grain mill and buckets for grain

- Wort chiller

- Temp gauge with high temp probe

- 12 volt pump ( so I don't have to lift 7 and 1/2 gallons of almost boiling water by hand)

- that's about it, a few other odds and ends like scales and measuring cups and stuff like that.

Here are more Pictures.

DSCN1332.jpg

DSCN1333.jpg

DSCN1334.jpg

DSCN1336.jpg

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1338.jpg

Sparg setup

DSCN1339.jpg

ENJOY! [biggrin]

Thanks guys[cool]. I plan on doing my first All Grain Batch this weekend. I have test run the system using the correct amounts of water at the correct temps for this weekends brew. Everything seems to be working great so far[lol]. We shall see what happens this weekend[happy].

This is the Pump I bought, it says it can handle 100`C and food grade rated, It is pretty fast moving water from my boil pot to my Mash Tun and Hot Liqueur tank.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XZAJ3I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Well All Grain Brew day went almost perfect.

My mash temps were doping quick so I turned my wort chiller into a mash heater, using my lil 12volt pump and the sparge arm, I was able to use the propane burner to adjust the heat of the water around the wort chiller, My mash circulated through the wort chiller then rained over the grain bed in my mash tun. Circulating hot mash through my mash tun kept my mash at the correct temp.

Other than that everything went great and I made BEER! yummy [biggrin]

Congrats Jason [biggrin]

Im currently 30mins into my boil,

What was your recipe and what numbers did you use and hit??

English IPA

5kg Maris otter, 1kg Munich, 0.34kg Crystal 60, 0.34kg Crystal 20, 0.29 Abbey

30g Fuggles 60min, 30g EKG 60min, 15g Target 60mins

20g Fuggles 20mins, 20g EKG 20mins

30g EKG 5mins

40g Fuggles F/o

30g EKG dry

2L starter of Wyeast 1318

Mashed 1 hour at 66\xb0c (Couldn't tell if I lost temp as the mash had hot and cold spots between 65\xb0 and 66\xb0 if I lost anything it was in that 2\xb0c range)

5L Mash out with boiling water

2 x batch sparge at 75\xb0c

Pre-boil 27L @ 1.060 (To much wort Im trying to boil off about 6L with my HP burner)

OG = 1.054

Yep.. Essentially a HERMS rig, I completed a build on a dual controller box for electric HLT and HEX today, next step will be to PID controllers. Also, i run my 12v pumps from ac to dc adaptors and is pretty sweet, at the end of the day its what works in your brewery though[rightful]

I just did my first fully controlled step mash this weekend with my HERMS 52'c to 65'c to 72'c to 78'c and was incredible.

[love]

Now your just showing off Yob [biggrin]

Im going to attempt a second AG tonight, Ive got the parts for an APA, hopefully I can avoid some of yesterdays issues (like clogging up my hop screen and boiling away too much wort [lol] )

All Grain Brew #2 today. I fixed the issues that I had yesterday and made my setup work better. Here are some pictures,

Recirculating my mash and controlling mash temps around 152`F,

DSCN1341.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

A look under the lid,

DSCN1346.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

The pump, my sparg water, and wort chiller, being used to keep my mash temp correct ( works awesome),

DSCN1343.jpg

Sparging. Cleans out my pump and lines when I fill my hot liqueur tank,

DSCN1348.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg

The boil on my very own Golden Ale recipe (I hope it turns out ok),

DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

Then cool, add to fermenter, clean up and done,

DSCN1354.jpg

It takes about 4-5 hours for a batch of all grain brew.

Archived