Coopers Community

Mexican cerveza

My Cerveza is now @ 3 weeks in the bottle and I love it.

On the nose it is very crisp and fruity. The initial pallate taste is fresh and crisp and after taste I was getting a sweet lemony taste.

Overall it is a really nice beer and I look forward to doing the next batch.

Hey folks, I just stumbled onto this thread and thought I'd post my own experience. I agree with others here on this beer and the brewing method, but I wanted to add that I kegged this beer after FG (primary fermenter for about 3 weeks, although I expect it was done after 2) and then straight into the keg. Carbed up the tank to about 15PSI for 3 days...end result, refreshing and tasty beer in a quarter of the time it took in the bottle.

Highly recommend kegging this beer.

I brewed the cerveza. Used the supplied yeast and the BE recommended on the tin. bottled at FG 1010. Been in the bottle for nearly 5 weeks. Tastes great. Pours a nice head. Sparkles in glass but absolutely no head retention. Head completely disappears after about 45 seconds in the glass. Its not the glass. Believe me, i have eliminated that possibility. Followed instructions to the letter. I have two more tins of coopers Cerveza and i really dont want to repeat this. Mr Sumner Miller...Why is it so?

sorry for the late reply!

as it turns out, it was a faulty reading (phew)

i used three other hydrometers to be sure, all read 1.010, bottled two days ago, tastes very light as expected and almost fruity.

i used the cerveza kit, with BE2, as directed on the label.

did you guys get good clarity straight from the fermenter?

i am planning to keg this beer in a couple days and this is my first go.. and i dont really want it cloud.. should i consider doing some clearing stages ?

has anyone kegged this beer if so how long did you let it ferment for? and what carbonation method did you use?

did you guys get good clarity straight from the fermenter?

i am planning to keg this beer in a couple days and this is my first go.. and i dont really want it cloud.. should i consider doing some clearing stages ?

has anyone kegged this beer if so how long did you let it ferment for? and what carbonation method did you use?

I went straight from the primary to the keg. Clarity is fine. I set the regulator to 12PSI and left it there for about a week.

Mine was in the primary for about 3 weeks...but was ready after 2. I needed the extra week to procure some keg parts.

20120513_145151.jpg

thanks guys..

had mine brewing for 5 days now at 22 degrees and im getting a fg of 1010 is that good? clarity is still awful looks like the be2 didnt really mix in very well.. bought some clearing agent might whack it in tonight

I wouldn't bother with any clearing agents. Just give the yeast some time to finish its work and most of it will eventually fall out of suspension. It will clean up some of the unwanted by-products, too.

forgot to mention im impatient.. hah

i want to be able to drink this brew on the weekend.. so i have 4/5 days to have it carbonated and all .. are my hopes too high?

2 weeks in the bottle bare minimum to have carbonation but your better off leaving it for atleast 4 weeks it will taste so much better

Crap will always drop out of suspension when the time and temps are right. However, I too am impatient so even though I fermement for about 2 weeks (pending my schedule or laziness) and CC for about 3-7 days I Gelatin the brew and it is clear as a wistle within 24 hours or so.

Some people don't like the idea of gelatin but I swear by it. [bandit]

mine was definitely clear before bottling.

just cracked a beer a little early... (7 days after bottling) wow! shocked at how good it tastes.

looking forward to how they'll taste after another 7 days.

Archived