Coopers Community

Getting my brew on

AdamH1525226084

Looks smexy to me.

How do you post photos into posts like that? I tried searching but couldn't find anything really.

BBcode tags. The forum package they're using here honours BBcode which is a sort of dumbed-down version of HTML/CSS intended for universal compatibility. Just use the 'insert image' button above the post text window and put the link to your pic between the two tags it will insert.

Example

wmgowp.jpg

Because we didn't really have a summer in Melbourne, the brews I made without the fridge were at the right temps anyway - so I won't notice the tast difference. I'll just take your word for it Bill [lol]

I shall try to improve the shelf - that was a bitch, and i've aggravated a back injury, cos I had to grab the FV and lift it out to fix the shelf in a bit of a panic [pinched]

The fridge is too small to mix the brew in, which is part of the above problem. I might have to see if I can put it on a table so I can just slide the FV in (need a light bulb smiley)

There are roll up keyboards and soon roll up tv's, so hopefully wrap around fridges will be here soon [lol]

Because we didn't really have a summer in Melbourne' date=' the brews I made without the fridge were at the right temps anyway - so I won't notice the tast difference. I'll just take your word for it Bill [lol']

I shall try to improve the shelf - that was a ****, and i've aggravated a back injury, cos I had to grab the FV and lift it out to fix the shelf in a bit of a panic [pinched]

The fridge is too small to mix the brew in, which is part of the above problem. I might have to see if I can put it on a table so I can just slide the FV in (need a light bulb smiley)

There are roll up keyboards and soon roll up tv's, so hopefully wrap around fridges will be here soon [lol]

I had a similar problem when setting up my fridge. I only put 2 bits of wood underneath where the FV was going to sit on the shelf, and when I was hauling it in, everything moved. So after that one finished I decided to put on a bit of MDF over it (screwed on) so it stayed in place.

I did forget about condensation in the fridge and there's a bit of mould on it, so I'll fix that up soon by spraying it with something.

The piece of MDF made it so much easier to slide the FV on, as you didn't need to worry about things moving around, and it's one flat piece, so there's nothing for the FV to grab onto and trip over.

Oh also I can't work it out from your picture, but does your fridge have a fan in it?

Mine doesn't, it's just a massive plate that ices up, so the temperature of the wort/beer is cooler at the back. So I'm going to have to install a fan in there to try and make it more consistent throughout the fridge. Hopefully it'll make it more efficient, and also prevent freezing during cold conditioning [crying] [lol]

I don't know anyone who mixes their brew in the fridge, I must admitt.

Light bulb smiley

th_SmileyIdea.jpg

• 2 months later...
Oh also I can't work it out from your picture, but does your fridge have a fan in it?

Mine doesn't, it's just a massive plate that ices up, so the temperature of the wort/beer is cooler at the back. So I'm going to have to install a fan in there to try and make it more consistent throughout the fridge. Hopefully it'll make it more efficient, and also prevent freezing during cold conditioning [crying] [lol]

Might be too late now, but you can get a fridge controller that actually has defrost sensor too, you just bulldog clip it to the evaporator. And it defrosts when needed. Mine is a LAE CDC12

Archived