Coopers Community

First Time Using Hops..

HenrikF

I'm pretty new to the game, first brew in bottles conditioning and 2nd brew in the FV.

I'v been looking at the recipes on the site and I'm going to try the Fruit Salad Ale at some point, but the hops i have are in leaf/flower form, so how much to use? Same as recipe (2 x 25 gram)? Please help[crying]

From what I have read, the rule of thumb tends to be to add an additional 10-20% whole hops compared to pellets.

I would probably run with 2 x 30g of hop flowers in your recipe.

Yob would probably quadruple that [biggrin]

Now many people may fall backwards from their chairs at this... but..

I suggest a moderate introduction to hops.. 1g per litre Dry hopping to begin with... that'll blow ya mind, next it will be a mini boil with flavour hops.... That'll blow ya freakin mind... and then..

well I rekon thats enough for now..

dont go overboard to start IMO, it's worth taking your time on the road to hop oblivion [lol] [love] [ninja]

Yob

Does one get the thought Yob is a bit of a "hobhead"?[lol]

I do like the hops, just only tasted them in comercial beers..

Promise i will be carefull[innocent]

@ Adam, I'm looking forward to the Fruit Salad to, just have a stout to make first..[cool] How do you expect the ABV to turn out?

I've got the Fruit Salad Ale in the FV at the moment. Took a gravity reading and had a taste........ [love]

Can't wait to try it in a coupla weeks!

I know exactly what you're going through. It feels like new love, not five minutes goes by without me thinking about that sweet taste, amazing smell and perfect colour. I feel like an awkward teenager again. There's nothing I want more than to taste it at the first available moment but I have too much respect for it and know I should wait till the moment is perfect. sigh

Archived