Coopers Community

SIMPLE BREW LOG TEMPLATE USING COOPERS BREW KIT

kennm501

Hi All,

I'm looking for a very simple Brew Log Template so that I can keep a record of my brews.  Looking for either Word or Excel format.

Does anyone have a really simple 'Coopers specific' Brew Log or does anyone know where I might be able to download one?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennm501 said:

Hi All,

I'm looking for a very simple Brew Log Template so that I can keep a record of my brews.  Looking for either Word or Excel format.

Does anyone have a really simple 'Coopers specific' Brew Log or does anyone know where I might be able to download one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kenn, and welcome to the Forum.  

It is not a Coopers endorsed product, but a simple brew log record keeper is BrewTracker.  I used it up until I started doing all grain brews and switched to BrewFather.  BrewTracker is an app, not Word or Excel.  But you can export your brew data to an Excel sheet.

• Like 5

Technology nuffie here so I have no idea about Word or Excel but I will also endorse the BrewTracker app. I use it to store all my brewing records and it's nice to have that info at my fingertips. For instance, I was at a grand final function on Saturday and shared some beers with those brave enough to try them. I was able to tell my fellow drinkers what was in their beer and it's ABV (for responsible drinking data).

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Beerdo said:

Technology nuffie here so I have no idea about Word or Excel but I will also endorse the BrewTracker app. I use it to store all my brewing records and it's nice to have that info at my fingertips. For instance, I was at a grand final function on Saturday and shared some beers with those brave enough to try them. I was able to tell my fellow drinkers what was in their beer and it's ABV (for responsible drinking data).

I used Word/Excel for years along with Graphics software, but I still struggle with the BrewFather app. 

The solution is I just don't bother to use it, the beers still turn out though.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.

I use Excel. It's a simple structure and does the job well. Obviously you should develop your prefered structure. Mine attached.Screenshot_20241016-083748_Sheets.thumb.jpg.cae129b173daebd4acb7d2b1897a6f6c.jpg

Reminder, must change a couple of the headings.

Batch sug should say , "priming sug"

Heat is reference to if stubbies are heated first few days of secondary fermentation in winter.

• Like 2

I'll add.

Column "I" is no longer used as I no longer add any sugar to the FMV.  Probably could just "hide" that column.

I transfer a copy to my mobile occasionally so I have a convenient copy all the time. Just use "sheets" to read it.

Edited by Oldbloke
Getting forgetful. Lol
  • Like 1