Coopers Community

HomeBrew Content Creation, Yay or Nay?

@Classic Brewing Co yeah the ones with kids in the background or the hair pushing/face touching ones irk me alot, 
same with the bad hygiene ones etc. 

to help with the hair issue, I always wear a hat when Im brewing, bottling/kegging, 
Hygiene I'm a literal nut for it, as for kids, I don't have them so not an issue haha.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fair Drinkum Brews said:

@Classic Brewing Co yeah the ones with kids in the background or the hair pushing/face touching ones irk me alot, 
same with the bad hygiene ones etc. 

to help with the hair issue, I always wear a hat when Im brewing, bottling/kegging, 
Hygiene I'm a literal nut for it, as for kids, I don't have them so not an issue haha.

Me too, single, no kids, just the way I want it. I was a cook in the Army & have always followed a strict hygiene regime.

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

King Ruddager was his name I think. His videos were quite amusing 🙂 

The only problem I have with such things is that it gets boring after a while. There are only so many times you can watch somebody brew beer, even if it is eye candy like the lady from Flora Brewing. SO people branch out to equipment testing and things like that but it is usually equipment most people cannot afford or have no real use for, so that gets boring too. The tricky bit is to make ever changing content while staying true to yourself and the concept. I've thought about it a few times but cannot come up with something innovative that hasn't been done a thousand times. But then again, I am about as creative as a wheelbarrow full of sand, so I am not surprised.

That's the thing they start pushing equipment that is too expensive or just not necessary I like little john on Youtube he he keeps it simple and he swears and carries on like the time he cut a FWK and beer went everywhere or the time him and his 2 mates were doing a double brew day and he had to stop recording as they were getting pissed 🤣🤣 he brews AG and kits and is always doing experiments.

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 1

With brewing channels I watch Flying Wombat, The Apartment Brewer, Elementary Brewing, Gav from The Home Brew Network& Big Banana Brewing, they all have some good content.

Im watching a young fella on you tube from the UK called Sun Bear Brewing, he has started with a few Brewing Vessels in his garage and is coming along quite well on his journey.

He is now selling to pubs in the UK and gathering up sales, good on him, I find his videos interesting and usually watch them in my room on site when I’m back on swing. 

11 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

With brewing channels I watch Flying Wombat, The Apartment Brewer, Elementary Brewing, Gav from The Home Brew Network& Big Banana Brewing, they all have some good content.

Im watching a young fella on you tube from the UK called Sun Bear Brewing, he has started with a few Brewing Vessels in his garage and is coming along quite well on his journey.

He is now selling to pubs in the UK and gathering up sales, good on him, I find his videos interesting and usually watch them in my room on site when I’m back on swing. 

Yeah, there are plenty out there, I watch heaps of those & also there a few good home/shed renos from small to almost full-size pubs.

I have a bar room, but it makes me envious to see them converting a large shed into a comfortable mini pub.

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate I say go for it & all the best, however I would tread carefully in the area of recruiting & promoting other suppliers on this forum. 

If I am proven wrong,  I will stand corrected. 

Frank will tell me  if I  am right or wrong I am sure.

Classic is correct, Fair Drinkum, we ask that members don't promote a competitor's product on this forum.  Cheers, Frank.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, there are plenty out there, I watch heaps of those & also there a few good home/shed renos from small to almost full-size pubs.

I have a bar room, but it makes me envious to see them converting a large shed into a comfortable mini pub.

Yeah I’ve watched  A Man and His Cave series, one guy has his Cave decked out in VB gear 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah I’ve watched  A Man and His Cave series, one guy has his Cave decked out in VB gear 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Ha Ha, that's taking a bit too far 🤣 I have a few VB glasses, openers, caps/coasters etc. but they don't take pride of place in my bar.

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ha Ha, that's taking a bit too far 🤣 I have a few VB glasses, openers, caps/coasters etc. but they don't take pride of place in my bar.

Each to their own mate 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️