Coopers Community

Pikantus

Greetings fellow brewers, 

A novice getting in way over my head here, but has anyone successfully cloned Erdinger Pikantus? My all time favourite drop. I'd be in heaven if I could match it constantly.

1 hour ago, Ølmatt said:

Greetings fellow brewers, 

A novice getting in way over my head here, but has anyone successfully cloned Erdinger Pikantus? My all time favourite drop. I'd be in heaven if I could match it constantly.

Welcome to the forum @Olmatt, I certainly haven't but a quick Google search brought this up, there are plenty of others there too.

Erdinger Pikantus Dunkler Weizenbock recipe

Cheers

Phil

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Phil!! Have you given it a go? Great find, I could find Aventinus clones, which is also heaven in a glass, but not the Pikantus. 

I have two admit though, it looks well beyond my current abilities and setup. I feel like I need to attend brewers school to do that beer justice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ølmatt said:

Thanks Phil!! Have you given it a go? Great find, I could find Aventinus clones, which is also heaven in a glass, but not the Pikantus. 

I have two admit though, it looks well beyond my current abilities and setup. I feel like I need to attend brewers school to do that beer justice!

No I haven't,  but maybe I should,  sounds good. 

You will find it is not as hard as you think it is,  the help & support on this great forum will easily guide you through the process. 

Stay tuned & you will produce amazing results. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 3:02 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Welcome to the forum @Olmatt, I certainly haven't but a quick Google search brought this up, there are plenty of others there too.

Erdinger Pikantus Dunkler Weizenbock recipe

Cheers

Phil

That sounds quite interesting. I even have all malts besides the Roasted Wheat and CaraMunich I but I can use medium crystal or maybe even Caramunich II instead of the latter and I guess roasted barley or Carafa III could replace the roasted wheat since it isn't a huge amount in there and it's mainly for colour anyway.

A nice wheat beer is overdue and I may as well go for gold here 🙂 The only issue is the packaging. The only suitable bottles I have left atm are about to be used up with the rum barrel porter. I just don't see the point of making a HW, if it clears in the keg and you can't really swirl up the yeast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

That sounds quite interesting. I even have all malts besides the Roasted Wheat and CaraMunich I but I can use medium crystal or maybe even Caramunich II instead of the latter and I guess roasted barley or Carafa III could replace the roasted wheat since it isn't a huge amount in there and it's mainly for colour anyway.

A nice wheat beer is overdue and I may as well go for gold here 🙂 The only issue is the packaging. The only suitable bottles I have left atm are about to be used up with the rum barrel porter. I just don't see the point of making a HW, if it clears in the keg and you can't really swirl up the yeast. 

These days my bottle stash (empties) is down to a minimum, I either sold or gave away hundreds of Longnecks/Grolsch/PET & now I am down to about 30 x Hefe' 500ml/2 x boxes near new PET & a few asst European swing tops. I usually prefer the 9.5l Corny over bottles but they are handy for stouts/wheat as you say.