Coopers Community

Bitter Beer - First Brew

I am a first time brewer and have brewed the Coopers lager that came in the kit. I kegged it, force carbonated it at 38psi for 36hrs in the fridge and now I have poured it. It has a slight bitter taste, contains lots of very small bubbles and has no head when I poured it at 12psi. It that normal?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Brewer 226 said:

I am a first time brewer and have brewed the Coopers lager that came in the kit. I kegged it, force carbonated it at 38psi for 36hrs in the fridge and now I have poured it. It has a slight bitter taste, contains lots of very small bubbles and has no head when I poured it at 12psi. It that normal?

Hi Brewer 226 and welcome to the Forum.

Your description sounds perfectly normal for the Coopers Lager kit.  It does not have much head formation or retention at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brewer 226 said:

I would have added a grain steeped or even just extra malt, but without more detail on the ingredients it's hard to comment. 

Give it more time on the gas.

• Like 1