Coopers Community

IanH spreadsheet Question

Trying to make up a recipe in IanH spreadsheet  found most bits and how it all works , what i cant find in it,where is Coopers brew enhancers

been using brewers friend and it now tells me my brew has no ibu even after putting in all ingredients,

47 minutes ago, davids47 said:

Trying to make up a recipe in IanH spreadsheet  found most bits and how it all works , what i cant find in it,where is Coopers brew enhancers

been using brewers friend and it now tells me my brew has no ibu even after putting in all ingredients,

You could break the enhancer down into its ingredients and then enter them. From memory, BE1 contains something like 60% dextrose and 40% maltodextrin, BE2 is 50% dex, 25% md and 25% DME and BE3 is 50% DME, 30% dex and 20% md. So if you are using BE3, simply enter 500g DME, 300g dex and 200g maltodextrin. That should do the job.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

You could break the enhancer down into its ingredients and then enter them. From memory, BE1 contains something like 60% dextrose and 40% maltodextrin, BE2 is 50% dex, 25% md and 25% DME and BE3 is 50% DME, 30% dex and 20% md. So if you are using BE3, simply enter 500g DME, 300g dex and 200g maltodextrin. That should do the job.

@davids47, that's exactly what I do.  You might see 0.3 when you enter 0.25 for the BE2 ingredients.  That is just because the spreadsheet rounds the amount in the display.  The number in the formula will still be 0.25

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

@davids47, that's exactly what I do.  You might see 0.3 when you enter 0.25 for the BE2 ingredients.  That is just because the spreadsheet rounds the amount in the display.  The number in the formula will still be 0.25

Hi @davids47, further to info provided by @Aussiekraut and @Shamus O'Sean I'm not sure if you are already all over this, but you should be able to find those ingredients in these locations within the different look ups ...

Happy brewin' 😉 🍺🍺

IanH-Spreadsheet-Coopersbrewenhancerslocation.png.31cdd874df4974f6cd6a337071f2fbcb.png

IanH-Spreadsheet-Coopersbrewenhancerslocation2.png.5a3b4e3ddf107f8fd141bfe1bb2df8dd.png

• Like 3