Coopers Community

I thnk my brew has got to hot

Hillbilly

My brew has stopped bubbling, We had a few hot days and I can't see any bubbles come from the air lock, Both brews where going great guns, going mad. But now the airlock seems to have stopped bubbling.

Is there any way of saving it, or is it a throw out job [crying]

I have checked, that there are no leaks.

Don't rely on the airlock. It is used to allow air to escape but not as a sign of fermentation [rightful]

Take a hydrometer reading to see where it is at. It may be that it has already reached FG due to the high temperatures.

I definitely wouldn't be throwing it out.

I have always just gone off the air lock, I'm starting to get into the finer arts of brewing, It has only been brewing since saturday arvo so 3 days.

maybe i should by a hydrometer, what sort of reading should I be looking for. It is a coopers cervaza, and the other is a coppers pale ale.

coopers pale ale, Just a plain old brew with a Malt suger mix, from the brew shop, as I can't get the coopers brewing sugars from big w anymore.

And a coopers cervaza with the same as above, and 2 limes chucked in.

Temps Last i looked where around 28-29 degrees, I have had it this warm before with no issues, but it may have got hotter.

I never really relised till tonight reading a little on here that the temps effect the taste of your brew. I will be takeing a lot more notice of this from now on, And i'm also starting to look at other types of brews to find my own custom drop.

28C-29C, maybe hotter??? [pinched] [sick] [pinched]

Not knowing exactly what sugars you are using [pinched]

No Hydrometer [pinched]

3 day feerment based on guessing due to airlock stopping. [pinched]

It is a recipe for disaster. You may be fine so far but it is only a matter of time.

Funky flavored bottle bombs.

The best things you can do for your brewing to improve will be:

No.1 get a hydromater, if only for safety sake.

No.2 cut 33% off your brewing temperature

No.3 know exactly what you are putting into your beer.

Optional: throw out the airlock.

Do all of the above mentioned and you will have a vast improvement imo and at a minimal cost to do it.

Good luck.

As already pointed out, the airlock bubbles means very little indeed, most of the people here havd thrown them away and simply put cling wrap over the drum and secure it with elastic or the rubber seal from the lid

Yob

Archived