Coopers Community

Christmas drinks

Hilltop hops

I don't usually stray away from beer but I received these as gifts recently and will be sharing them with family and friends this festive season.

My cousin gave me the Pepperjack for hosting a family Christmas function yesterday and the Chivas is from my fairly new neighbour,  Jeff. He seems to appreciate my nosiness.🤣 I'm home a lot so I keep an eye on things in our street, an unofficial neighbourhood watch dude, so to speak.

The limoncello is Jeff's late grandfather's recipe, made as bomboniere gifts for his recent wedding. I didn't know him well enough to be a guest at his wedding but he gave me a bottle and when I told him how bloody good it was he gave me this second bottle.

I've censored some personal details on the label for privacy.

IMG_20231224_092356.jpg

Edited by Malter White
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

I don't usually stray away from beer but I received these as gifts recently and will be sharing them with family and friends this festive season.

My cousin gave me the Pepperjack for hosting a family Christmas function yesterday and the Chivas is from my fairly new neighbour,  Jeff. He seems to appreciate my nosiness.🤣 I'm home a lot so I keep an eye on things in our street, an unofficial neighbourhood watch dude, so to speak.

The limoncello is Jeff's late grandfather's recipe, made as bomboniere gifts for his recent wedding. I didn't know him well enough to be a guest at his wedding but he gave me a bottle and when I told him how bloody good it was he gave me this second bottle.

I've censored some personal details on the label for privacy.

IMG_20231224_092356.jpg

Nice haul Malter, all good stuff. 

All the best for the festive season mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice haul Malter, all good stuff. 

All the best for the festive season mate.

Thanks, Phil. Merry Christmas to you also.
Very nice gestures by the cousin and Jeff. I'm not much of a wine drinker so I'll definitely share it with those who will appreciate it more. My appreciation of red wine is limited to how good it tastes in Bolognese sauce.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Malter White said:

Thanks, Phil. Merry Christmas to you also.
Very nice gestures by the cousin and Jeff. I'm not much of a wine drinker so I'll definitely share it with those who will appreciate it more. My appreciation of red wine is limited to how good it tastes in Bolognese sauce.

2021 or any, Pepperjack is a top red & one of my favourites, the French say only use the wine for cooking that you drink, but I have been guilty of using a lesser wine for sauces/marinades many times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

the French say only use the wine for cooking that you drink, but I have been guilty of using a lesser wine for sauces/marinades many times.

I have heard that but I've found $4 cheap red from Liquorland works pretty good for cooking sauce. It could be because I'm not a fussy eater/drinker but none of my family have complained about my sauce and a few of them are very fussy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I have heard that but I've found $4 cheap red from Liquorland works pretty good for cooking sauce. It could be because I'm not a fussy eater/drinker but none of my family have complained about my sauce and a few of them are very fussy.

When you heat wine, the alcohol burns off anyway & you are left with just the taste, so IMO a cheaper wine would go un-noticed with all of the garlic/chili or whatever herbs etc. you add.

• Like 2