Coopers Community

I have taken the plunge into "All in one" brewing.

Marty_G

After more years that I care to remember brewing on my much loved and customised 70 litre 2 vessel system I sold it all off and invested in a Grandfather G70V.   I had a few connectivity issue with the controller during the 1st couple of brews. However, I now have it sorted and performed a triple decocted Czech pilsner last week. What a pleasure that was.  No more hands on step mashing.  Just load it all to the controller via the app and bingo the steps are all managed by the software.  You are informed when each decoction needs to be done and how long remains in each step.  

I sold off all of my old gear, no more hoses, pumps, stands, pots, baskets for the mash/boil and no more HERMES hot liquor tank.  Less stuff equals smaller footprint and easier cleaning. 

Better still as I now work in the industry and I picked it up for full wholesale.  After selling all my old gear to other brewers the G70 only owes me a few hundred bucks.  Win Win.  All those who have multi-vessel set ups get into the "all in ones"  I am sure you will never regret it.  They are brilliant. 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Marty_G said:

After more years that I care to remember brewing on my much loved and customised 70 litre 2 vessel system I sold it all off and invested in a Grandfather G70V.   I had a few connectivity issue with the controller during the 1st couple of brews. However, I now have it sorted and performed a triple decocted Czech pilsner last week. What a pleasure that was.  No more hands on step mashing.  Just load it all to the controller via the app and bingo the steps are all managed by the software.  You are informed when each decoction needs to be done and how long remains in each step.  

I sold off all of my old gear, no more hoses, pumps, stands, pots, baskets for the mash/boil and no more HERMES hot liquor tank.  Less stuff equals smaller footprint and easier cleaning. 

Better still as I now work in the industry and I picked it up for full wholesale.  After selling all my old gear to other brewers the G70 only owes me a few hundred bucks.  Win Win.  All those who have multi-vessel set ups get into the "all in ones"  I am sure you will never regret it.  They are brilliant. 

Hey Marty. Long time no hear. Hope you have been well.

Yeah about 3 years ago i was getting ready to take the plunge into a 3V system. So much appeal with being able to churn out bigger batches. More batches in less time etc etc. Had a look at one in action and had second, third and fourth thoughts. While it did everything i wanted the footprint and the time to setup and clean just made me go nope. Ill stay with just the one vessel. I have bought another vessel and repurposed my old 1st gen robobrew for sparge water but thats as far as i will go. 

Great to see you around again mate.

• Like 5