Coopers Community

Mate's Cars

Classic Brewing Co

An old mate of mine rang me & said where are you these days & of course I told him & he turned up in his 1974 HQ Monaro 253, V8& he has it on the market for $150k, so for those who may be interested I can assure you it is in immaculate condition.

I used to have something similar but as you know we spend it all on brewing.

Moaro 1.jpg

Moaro 2.jpg

Moaro 3.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

An old mate of mine rang me & said where are you these days & of course I told him & he turned up in his 1974 HQ Monaro 253, V8& he has it on the market for $150k, so for those who may be interested I can assure you it is in immaculate condition.

I used to have something similar but as you know we spend it all on brewing.

Moaro 1.jpg

Moaro 2.jpg

Moaro 3.jpg

Nice car there. My first car was a HZ Kingswood. Always wanted me a HQ 350 coupe. They don't make them like that anymore. 

30 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Nice car there. My first car was a HZ Kingswood. Always wanted me a HQ 350 coupe. They don't make them like that anymore. 

Yeah, I know what you mean, they are all breakable plastic crap now & not even made in Australia. 

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

16 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I know what you mean, they are all breakable plastic crap now & not even made in Australia. 

That they're not built in Australia anymore has two faulty sides. Firstly, the manufacturers kept telling people to buy SUVs and Utes but then kept building dinosaurs people weren't buying. The decline of the sedan was well underway 20 years ago, when Holden and Ford kept building Commodores and Falcons, instead of building what they told people to buy. At least Ford built the Explorer or Territory, whichever here but Holden screwed up majorly with the Cruze and the Commodore. 

The second guilty party was the buyers. They bought SUVs and Utes as they were told and not necessarily from Holden or Ford but from anywhere else. Instead of locally built ones, they bought German and Japanese sedans. 

After it all went pear-shaped, those who didn't buy locally built were all up in arms about it, while driving their HiLuxes, Pajeros, Klugers, Land Bruisers, etc. They all vowed to never buy GM or Ford again, which is why they now sit in Rangers, F150s, Territorys, Kugas, Mustangs, Camaros and Silverados. And of course, the manufacturers blamed the government for not blowing subsidies up their behinds anymore. If you're not viable without subsidies, you need to fix your issues or give up. They decided to do the latter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

That they're not built in Australia anymore has two faulty sides. Firstly, the manufacturers kept telling people to buy SUVs and Utes but then kept building dinosaurs people weren't buying. The decline of the sedan was well underway 20 years ago, when Holden and Ford kept building Commodores and Falcons, instead of building what they told people to buy. At least Ford built the Explorer or Territory, whichever here but Holden screwed up majorly with the Cruze and the Commodore. 

The second guilty party was the buyers. They bought SUVs and Utes as they were told and not necessarily from Holden or Ford but from anywhere else. Instead of locally built ones, they bought German and Japanese sedans. 

After it all went pear-shaped, those who didn't buy locally built were all up in arms about it, while driving their HiLuxes, Pajeros, Klugers, Land Bruisers, etc. They all vowed to never buy GM or Ford again, which is why they now sit in Rangers, F150s, Territorys, Kugas, Mustangs, Camaros and Silverados. And of course, the manufacturers blamed the government for not blowing subsidies up their behinds anymore. If you're not viable without subsidies, you need to fix your issues or give up. They decided to do the latter. 

These days I drive a Ford Escape 4WD, it does all I want, plenty of room, economical etc. Apparently, SUVs overtake sedans as the most popular vehicle in AUS with sedan sales at 30%.