Coopers Community

Aussie Day Pale

TonyW

One i am doing today seeing its the Aussie day weekend with the last of my bits and pieces i have in storage.

1 can Pale Ale

1.5kg Light LME

.5kg Dry Wheat malt

28g Citra plugs dry hop

Coopers IPA yeast i have left over

18litres

Should go close to an IPA in taste and feel i hope.

Tony, let us know how it turns out.

It might be a bit on the sweet side with all that malt and the lightly bittered APA can.

I was going to go an amber malt but i thought that might be too sweet, so i went the lite seeing as it was straight at me in my cupboard [biggrin]

Just about to weight up this bit of dex i have left it may as well go in as well.

Very interesting what Hairy said re a lot of malt. Its sorta close to the amount of malt in the Sparkling Recipe that some find too sweet (see my post "gonna do a sparkling ale) and yes the pale has quite a bit less IBU's than the Sparkling.

Very interesting what Hairy said re a lot of malt. Its sorta close to the amount of malt in the Sparkling Recipe that some find too sweet (see my post "gonna do a sparkling ale) and yes the pale has quite a bit less IBU's than the Sparkling.

I am not a fan of overly bitter beer so i tend to go with more malt than bittering hops. Usually i am a sweet but heavy Stout drinker but have found myself messing with Pales over the summer due to the fact that i love hops.

I was figuring the Citra dry hop may get rid of any sweetness overtones. If the beer turns out a goer i may smash it with citra in a brew over winter.

Tony, old mate, never tried Citra hops, watadey taste like? Oranges? What others do they go with?

Watdya think of my new girls?[love] [love] [love]

Warren

This is a quote from a web site:

Citrus, peach, apricot, passion fruit, grapefruit, lime, melon, gooseberry, lychee fruit, pineapple, mango, papaya and other tropical fruit flavors and aromas. So, ah, fruity.end quote

I would throw in a hint pine with the above.

As for the girls i was at my nieces 20th birthday pool party yesterday and there was about 25 girls in that pool, my eyes need a rest [pinched]

• 3 weeks later...

Left this brew in the FV for 3 weeks instead of my usual 2, didnt even look at it, and my trial taste out of the test tube? meant i had to do another trial taste out of the test tube, this is yuuuum.

OG 1.065 FG 1.030 = approx 5.5% in the bottle

This will become a staple base recipe for me [love]

Cant wait to get some age in the bottles..

Things i should of done? only thing i can think of was use 2 sachets of yeast but as i said left it to its own devices for 3 weeks straight, gave me a much cleaner beer.

Archived