Coopers Community

Got fridge, STC1000 in post, what next?

SeanS4

Keg King has a great delivery lead time.

With regards to the fridge, have you actually tried it on a different power circuit? It may just be overloading the circuit it is on. It's a long shot but try somewhere else that is not on the same circuit.

Yeah I used an extension cord and plugged it into an outlet that is on the outside of the house, it didn't flip the safety switch and the light came on in the fridge but it wasn't cooling. There was a kind of ticking noise but that was it.

Oh yeah' date=' I can definately recommend the pre-wired Temp controllers from Keg King, I sent them an email on Friday and it arrived on Monday and looks great![/quote']

+1

great temp controller, great customer service

• 4 weeks later...

My work is just around the corner from Keg King, and unless my worst fears are realised and the FV doesn't fit into my fridge that's being replaced on Wednesday, I will pay a visit to Keg King on Thursday [lol]

Did you work out the problem with the fridge raider? It sounds to me like there was a short somewhere.

My work is just around the corner from Keg King' date=' and unless my worst fears are realised and the FV doesn't fit into my fridge that's being replaced on Wednesday, I will pay a visit to Keg King on Thursday [lol']

Did you work out the problem with the fridge raider? It sounds to me like there was a short somewhere.

I gave the fridge another go last weekend and it ran for about 5 hours no problem, then I plugged it into the temp controller and as soon as the temp went over 20 and the fridge clicked in it shorted again.

I am now just using frozen soft drink bottles and it is staying at around 19 degrees after struggling to get it down for the first couple of days. I do have 2 FV's in there and one is a toucan stout which was quite the volcano even after only filling it to 15 litres!

I'm a sparky and it looks like the temp controller has been wired wrong. If the fridge goes when it's plugged in to a power point but trips the circuit breaker when it's plugged in to the temp controller it must be a fault with the temp controller. You'll need to get a sparky to check the wiring.

Hi Scottt, Raiders earlier posts had the tripping happen before he got the temp controller. Although I am sure there is no electrician making the boxes up, looks like it's the fridge that's the problem.

Sounds like it's the compressor motor if it trips as soon as it kicks in.

Yeah it is a bit strange, I think I might have turned the fridge on too soon after I got it. It was on its side when we moved it but only for half an hour, I waited for about 12 hours to turn it on but maybe should have been a bit more patient.

I will plug the heat pad I have into the temp controller and see if that works ok without tripping anything.

I might then try turning the fridge on without the temp controller and see if it will run for a few days, at least then I can cold condition the beers I guess.

Archived