Coopers Community

Transporting your beer?

Beer Junkie

Hey guys first time poster just trying to work out what everyone else does when taking there beer away from there den. What do you use to move your beer when going lets say camping without mixing the sedment in the beer around in the bottle. is the beer tranfered into a smaller keg with the sedment left still in the bottles? Cheers

Firstly, welcome shane. You will learn alot here, there are quite a few homebrewers that will gladly help u out here.

I personally have tried taking bottles that I have brewed, and whilst it is nice sitting round the fire drinking a beer,that u have made and tastes much better than commercial offerings, I find it near impossible to not stir up the,sediment driving down a bumpy dirt road let alone a 4wd track. I just buy a carton of megaswill and put up with it generally.

Hey guys first time poster just trying to work out what everyone else does when taking there beer away from there den. What do you use to move your beer when going lets say camping without mixing the sedment in the beer around in the bottle. is the beer tranfered into a smaller keg with the sedment left still in the bottles? Cheers

I load my bottles into the back of my car and away i go, i dont care about the shakin and makin that occures on route, i am content to drink my brews anywhere any time as is.

Heck its only beer [biggrin]

I go 4wd and camping as often as I can the only thing I do is take my beer mug and make sure the bottles don't smash. But I have car fridge so I stategicly pack a few in for when the get to the camp site.

milk crates and get a few stubby coolers or rolled up tea towels old towels.

If you can find an old wetsuit you can cut up to use as dividers and packing or polystyrene, cardboard etc.

I dont mind the sediment and once around a camp fire chin waggin and cooking the camp oven you dont really care after a couple.

Shane, welcome to the forum.

I am a cloudy beer drinker, so sediment is not an issue for me. I've even chucked a few in a cooler & strapped it to my golf buggy to have with the boys during a round. Certainly better than the commercial beers, sediment & all [cool]

usually I have them stacked upright in an esky full of ice.. never even noticed if the sediment has stirred up or not... [bandit]

they are then transported via a glass to my innards and then the little boys room... they seem to come out quite clear[lol]

G'day Shane,Welcome

Where are you from, we get Aussies, Poms, Yanks. Canuks and blokes from all over.

If your sitting around a camp fire ya can't see if its cloudy or not. So who gives a stuff, if it taste good drink it.

When Chads sitting by the fire he don't even need an Esky, just sticks em in the snow.

Archived