Coopers Community

Another question lol

Well wayne i know what your thinking i had the same trouble when i started brewing 2 years ago.

in fact i nearly blew my head off a few times getting too close to smell. the fact that it smells like beer is a good sign so i wouldnt worry and unless your dry hopping there is no need to open the lid more chance that something could go wrong. the more volume the more smell you will get buy a comercial pale ale longneck and a stubbie smell and drink both slowly the longneck tastes and smells better [biggrin]

Well wayne i know what your thinking i had the same trouble when i started brewing 2 years ago.

in fact i nearly blew my head off a few times getting too close to smell. the fact that it smells like beer is a good sign so i wouldnt worry and unless your dry hopping there is no need to open the lid more chance that something could go wrong. the more volume the more smell you will get buy a comercial pale ale longneck and a stubbie smell and drink both slowly the longneck tastes and smells better [biggrin]

Cool thanks again yeah this DIY kit is different to traditional brew kits it doesn't even have a bubbler thing that the old style the video says after 3 days or when the foam subsides to remove the krausen collar then put the lid back on im only new to this and was just going by the instructions but boy oh boy those fuems could of started the car im sure of it lol but does smell like a choice drink once finished :)

Sorry to butt in, but I am at the same stage in the DIY kit(just taken off the Krausen Kollar), and was wondering if I should stir it? or if that is bad? There's a lot of stuff settled on the bottom and I don't know what to do with it.

I'm sure it's a stupid question, but if someone could let me know that would be great. Thanks

no dont stir it

sometimes when i lift mt fv (fermenter vessel) in and out of the water i used to keep it cool it becomes a bit cloudy but not too bad. the last thing u would do is stir it after yeast has been pitched.

good to stir before not after.

There's a lot of stuff settled on the bottom and I don't know what to do with it.

As Jamie said, don't stir it. The stuff on the bottom is the 'trub' and that is where you want it to stay. The longer you leave the brew in the FV, the more yeast & stuff will settle on the bottom.

Then when you bottle, the trub stays in the FV and won't go into your bottle.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Archived