Coopers Community

International Beer Day

SteveL

This is a legit media release - fancy beer drinkers in Australia paying $1.96 billion in excise tax in 2010-11 [pinched]

1 August 2013

MEDIA RELEASE

Brewers call on Australians to responsibly celebrate International Beer Day

Friday, August 2 is International Beer Day - a celebration of beer is taking place in pubs, clubs, breweries and

backyards all over the world.

The Brewers Association calls on Australians to celebrate the economic and social contribution that beer and

the beer industry plays in the Australian community.

Australian brewers are proud of our industry, and of the special place that beer holds within the fabric of

Australian society.

CEO of the Brewers Association, Denita Wawn said: \u201cWhilst International Beer Day is all about people having a

bit of fun while they partake of a glass of amber as an industry we are extremely proud of the contribution that

the beer industry provides to the Australian economy by way of employment, health benefit and social

enjoyment.

\u201cMore than 93% of beer consumed in Australian is brewed in Australia, creating approximately 4,345 direct jobs

in 2010-11, which reflects a 20% growth in a period of 5 years.

\u201cOur love of beer also assists with federal government revenue with beer drinkers in Australia paying $1.96

billion in excise tax in 2010-11,\u201d Ms Wawn said.

Indirectly, the Australian brewing industry also supports to the success of Australian agriculture, logistics and

hospitality with 44% of beer being consumed on licensed premises.

For those who don\u2019t drink beer why not give it a try on international beer day but please drink responsbily.

For more information on International Beer Day: www.internationalbeerday.com

I like International Beer Day so much' date=' I celebrate it most days of any given week. [lol']

Tomorrow is simply a reinforcement that I'm doing the right thing! [biggrin] [wink]

Anthony.

Well said Lusty.

I have just celebrated a day early. It just means I will have to back it up again tomorrow [devil]

Archived