Coopers Community

Improve your Health!

Hairy

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the late response.

Well I guess after 5 pints you'd feel awesome, but more recent research into binge drinking; which 5 pints clearly is, indicate that it is more harmful than regular steady drinking.

As they say it's swings and roundabouts, and moderation is always what it comes down to.

Too much of anything is bad for you, as is too little of many things. Five pints in a week, probably okay, five pints in a sitting, not so good, and if it's in a bar after midnight in Sydney, you may find yourself on the way to the morgue if you get king hit after such a session.

That's why I mostly only drink at home, less likely to get belted by a stranger if it's just me and the mrs watching the tv on the couch with a brew!

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/lookup/4704.0Chapter756Oct+2010#bingedrinking

Obviously, and I was clearly being too serious for this forum!

Everything in moderation - including moderation.

I sometimes overdo it in every respect - being serious, drinking or eating too much, or being fixated on whatever; so long as it all balances out it's generally all good!

Nothing wrong with an occasional five pints, but if it was a weekly or monthly occurrence you'd clearly have some problems.

[biggrin]

That's why I mostly only drink at home, less likely to get belted by a stranger if it's just me and the mrs watching the tv on the couch with a brew!

Me too

Although when I have five pints I still run the risk of getting belted [bandit]

Archived