Coopers Community

Got my temp controller set up and working!

DavidP17

Finally got my stc-1000 set up and running,

I can finally brew some beers using lager yeasts which ill put down this weekend i was just wondering if any of you guys had any good suggestions/recipes for a brew using a lager yeast like saflager etc.

I was thinking along the lines of pilsners/lagers/cervezas

ps id be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has bout the temp controller as im a 3rd year electrical apprentice

thanks, dave

ps id be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has bout the temp controller as im a 3rd year electrical apprentice

thanks, dave

Well done Dave but before we give out recipes we need to be assured that 3rd year apprentices are allowed to drink beer?[rightful]

Yeah this is something I need to organise for myself as temps here in adelaide are slowly rising... time to start searching ebay!

Just search stc-1000, i think i paid about $25 for mine compared to ones they have at jaycar that are similar which are about $50, and from what iv read on here and AHB lots of people have them and are pretty happy with them.

Hey - Congrats [cool]

Thermo control & heat belt/mat are on my xmas list (already have a second fridge that hardly ever gets used).

Quick question though (may be a little silly) but do you just put a hole in the door/side of the fridge to get the leads to the heat belt and temp probe in/out?[roll]

Cheers, Matt

I'd be a bit hesitant about drilling a hole in the fridge, my temp sensor lead is really thin and i just close the fridge door on it and it seals pretty well around it, i guess you could put some silicon around the tiny gap it creates if you were really keen.

I can finally brew some beers using lager yeasts which ill put down this weekend i was just wondering if any of you guys had any good suggestions/recipes for a brew using a lager yeast like saflager etc.

You can get them for less than $17 HERE

I just drilled a hole in the back of my fridge that was just big enough to squeeze the probe and power cord through. No probs with the fridge I have. If you want to drill a hole but are not sure where your lines run then just make a slurry of cornflour and water and paint this to the fridge and leave it to dry. You will see where your lines are through this mix.

The easier way is just go through your door seal.

I'd be a bit hesitant about drilling a hole in the fridge, my temp sensor lead is really thin and i just close the fridge door on it and it seals pretty well around it, i guess you could put some silicon around the tiny gap it creates if you were really keen.

My Son is an Electrician/Refrigeration Mechanic, he wired my STC- 1000 direct to Fridge with temp probe & heater wires inserted through back of Fridge where thermostat & internal light wires go in. A nice neat job.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived